My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator and over 6K Posts!
6,727 Posts
Very nice! Any NOS Lawnboy has a collectible value. EBay will usually be your best bet but you need to be willing to ship. Unfortunately there are no blue books on old Lawnboys to guide you. Probably not the most highly sought after as a collectible but you could probably start a listing around $500.00 plus shipping and see where it goes. EBay is very good at deciding value. Good luck if you decide to sell it.
Also just so you know you need 15 days and 15 posts to be able to list in the for sale section. And, welcome to the forum. Bill

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I am curious as to how a person acquires such a mower. Did YOU buy it, and let it set? Did you run across it somewhere? Did aunt Myrtle simply like the color, so she bought it 40 years ago? VERY nice, regardless.
Welcome to MTF.

PS Does anyone know what this mower might have sold for new?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am curious as to how a person acquires such a mower. Did YOU buy it, and let it set? Did you run across it somewhere? Did aunt Myrtle simply like the color, so she bought it 40 years ago? VERY nice, regardless.
Welcome to MTF.

Welcome to MTF.

Brown Handwriting Wood Font Material property

·
Banned
100 Posts
Yes as mentioned I'd list it on ebay, you could set a reserve ($500?) whatever you wanted. With auction, who knows? As many pictures as you can like you did here.
In that brand new condition to a collector it should go for a lot. That's amazing!

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

·
6,727 Posts
Here you go.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome!

It's a beautiful specimen.

Not to detract from its value, but it is a steel deck Lawn-Boy. The steel deck units were a lower end model are generally less collectable / desirable than the aluminum decks. This model was probably the top of the line in the steel deck series. Nevertheless, it's worth good money to the right buyer. Whatever you do, don't let it see a blade of grass and I'm not sure if I would even put fuel in it.

Good luck with your sale.

·
5K Poster!!!!
5,407 Posts
That is sweet! F series engine with 4 square mulch deck and 8 inch wheels all around would be a great cutter down south in St. Augustine country. Maybe it’s the aircraft mechanic in me, but running 15 mins of fuel through it annually would be my preference on any mower in storage. It will keep the internals lubed. They ran enough fuel through them coming out of the factory to get them tuned properly anyway so it’s a no harm no foul in my opinion.

·
6,727 Posts
Well someone bought it with a best offer. Wonder if it was anyone on the forum? Bill

·
6,727 Posts
It does not tell you on eBay what the best offer was. The only way we will know is if either the OP comes forward and lets us know what it sold for or if someone on the forum bought it and cones forward to share that info. Bill

Reactions: Lawnboy77
1 - 16 of 16 Posts