My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2355. Replaced the oil pressure gauge and still nothing. Checked with the dealer on the oil sender unit, and it's about $80.00. Any reason a regular sender unit wouldn't work on this? I found one on ebay for about $15. If it's the same size end and thread, shouldn't it do the same thing as the $80 unit? Help or suggestions? I hate running the tractor with no oil pressure reading. Thanks, guys.:thanku:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Sending units need to be matched to the gauge to work properly. The sending unit has a certain amount of ohm resistance at 0 pounds pressure and a certain resistance at max oil pressure. If the new sender doesn't have the correct values, it won't be accurate or could even work backwards.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I didn't include all the info in my original post. This is an electrical oil pressure gauge and sender. When I started having problems last winter, the gauge would start working about 15 minutes after the tractor was running. I replaced the gauge and now it does nothing. Needle doesn't move off zero.
The strange part is there are actually 2 different style senders that are piggy-backed on the right side of the engine near the back. I was thinking of just taking both off replacing them with a mechanical gauge and tube. Any thoughts?
Duane

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
There's certainly no reason you can't install a mechanical gauge. Some of the newer tractors could be a problem because the computer needs to be satisfied with a signal from electric sender, but no computer involved on a 2355.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts