My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a Ford NAA. This would be my first Ford and I have decided either on a 53 or 54 NAA. I know the 53 was the Juballie. Is it more desireable thatn the 54 NAA? Also if someone has converted it to 12 volt does that take any thing away from the value of the tractor?

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
'53/'54 Are basically the same tractor. A lot of people think the Jubilee is worth a little more because it is the "golden Jubilee". Some people think that the NAA was worth more because there were less made. Everyone has there own opinon according to which model they have. I have both so don't think one is valued higher than the other one.
Both are workers and one has been converted to 12 volt and one is 6 volt.
If it's a worker 12 volt will not hurt the value. If fact some people prefer it to be 12volt.
When the conversion was made it's alway best to keep the 6 volt items in case some wants to convert it back to 6 volt.
Make sure your Hydraulic system is in good working order.
What are your plans for the tractor?

Kirk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to work it on my hunting property. We have 80 acres and I want to be able to keep trails cleared. I have a little farmall cub also but it is way under powered to cut thick stuff with the belly mower. My farmall H has a big rotary pull behind mower on it but the entire thing is way too long to make close turns at the ends of the trails. I was just thinking the Ford with a 3 pt hitch would be the ticket and still be somewhat compact.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also they seam to be going for $3500.00 around here that are in pretty good shape. I thought that was a reasonable price for a nice one. I have no idea what they really should go for in a good economy???????

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
This is not a good economy. $3500 is high IMO in this economy. It might be nice But don't forget this is something your going the be running in the woods and brush.

Kirk

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have a few tractors along with a 1955 600. It is still used on the place, but only for cutting field grasses. We don't over work it, even though it runs like new. Best thing about the Fords, you can still go to any New Holland dealer and buy parts for them. PJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts