My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys heres my problem. i have a polaris 6-wheeler. we had a 10 gallon spray tank and a home made spray rig. but the 6-wheeler quit working. i have a little pull behind wagon for like a lawn mower. i dont use it. i need to get some stuff sprayed and dont have a sprayer to do it so i kinda need to get this done. i would like to put my spray tank in the wagon and bolt the rig on the back. but i wouldnt have a way to get power because we always ran the pump on the sprayer off of the four wheel plug in. how can i pull this off? what all supplies do i need? a battery obviously but how would i get the pump work without frying it. thanks.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont have pictures uploaded at the moment. i will tommorow. i have till monday to get it done and i am going to work on it tommorow.

·
Snapper Lover
459 Posts
Wiring should be pretty straight forward. Go to the the local farm store. They have wiring kits for those type of spayers that have the 2 prong plugins for like 10 bucks. My sprayer came with no power lead from the pump and that's all i needed.

T.C.

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
What TC said. All you need are a couple of large battery clips (not as big as jumper cables, but big enough to grab the battery terminals on your GT) and some 16 ga wire, and the two-prong connector to match the one on your sprayer. I did the same thing with my Northern Equip. sprayer. , it was made for a 4-wheeler. I put it in a small gardening wagon and strapped it down, made a bracket for a spray boom from 2x4's and U-clamps, and initially used PVC pipe, but it flexed and bounced too much, so I changed it to steel pipe. I mad the boom in pieces, so I could unscrew the boom ends for storage. The spray heads are from the original small arms that were fastened to the spray tank. I have them about 3-1/2 feet off the ground, and 10 ft apart. I adjusted them so the inside edges of the spray pattern overlaps, and I get about 15 feet of spray coverage. It works well enough for my needs, and I also have a valve so I can switch between the boom and the hand wand, which has about 20 feet of hose.

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
If you are going to pull it with a lawn or garden tractor you can wire up a 12 volt power plug and run it that way also. The plug can be switched so you can turn it on and off from the seat.

I have one on my garden tractor.

and one on my Yanmar.

·
Snapper Lover
459 Posts
I thinking of converting my tow behind into one that will work on the sleeve hitch on the cub. It would be easier to backup and spot spray etc. with it this way. I hate pulling the trailer out all the time and it's a pain to store.

T.C.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thinking of converting my tow behind into one that will work on the sleeve hitch on the cub. It would be easier to backup and spot spray etc. with it this way. I hate pulling the trailer out all the time and it's a pain to store.

T.C.
not in my barn. lol ive got a 6000 square foot barn. well im not sure the exact size but its HUGE

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What TC said. All you need are a couple of large battery clips (not as big as jumper cables, but big enough to grab the battery terminals on your GT) and some 16 ga wire, and the two-prong connector to match the one on your sprayer. I did the same thing with my Northern Equip. sprayer. , it was made for a 4-wheeler. I put it in a small gardening wagon and strapped it down, made a bracket for a spray boom from 2x4's and U-clamps, and initially used PVC pipe, but it flexed and bounced too much, so I changed it to steel pipe. I mad the boom in pieces, so I could unscrew the boom ends for storage. The spray heads are from the original small arms that were fastened to the spray tank. I have them about 3-1/2 feet off the ground, and 10 ft apart. I adjusted them so the inside edges of the spray pattern overlaps, and I get about 15 feet of spray coverage. It works well enough for my needs, and I also have a valve so I can switch between the boom and the hand wand, which has about 20 feet of hose.
i have the same set-up except my booms are in one piece. i gotta get a new T. that the hose comes out of the sprayer and down to the booms and then the "T" distributes it to the left boom and right boom. i broke that. what kind of spray do you use?

·
Snapper Lover
459 Posts
For weeds I use 2-4-d or trimec. I use a spectracide product for bugs. I never put roundup in it for fear there could be residue even after cleaning the tank throughly.

T.C.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For weeds I use 2-4-d or trimec. I use a spectracide product for bugs. I never put roundup in it for fear there could be residue even after cleaning the tank throughly.

T.C.
you never use roundup? ive never used it. we always got spray that you had to mix with water. that stuff was deadly.

·
Registered
87 Posts
homemade cat 0 3point mount with 25 gallon sprayer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts