My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Another Day in Paradis...
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1988 Onan-powered 318. I need a new battery for it. i've done a search and found about a million different answers on what battery I can use. Does it REALLY not matter what model battery I buy?!?

·
Super Moderator
13,356 Posts
The biggest battery that will fit :fing32: I have found Sam's has the cheapest batteries around. I think the last one I bought for my 318 was 72 and change about 3 months ago...

·
Diesels are awesome!
4,449 Posts
A 318 should need 350 CCA at the most. I run my diesel with a 300 CCA battery year round and it is going on 4 years old.

·
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The biggest battery that will fit :fing32: I have found Sam's has the cheapest batteries around. I think the last one I bought for my 318 was 72 and change about 3 months ago...
Seriously? The only consideration should be that it physically fits in the battery box?

·
Super Moderator
13,356 Posts
Seriously? The only consideration should be that it physically fits in the battery box?
Pretty much, but like diesel said 300 CCA should be fine. My thoughts on batteries are a little warped though. I have only ever driven diesel pick up trucks so the bigger the better. Especially when it comes to winter.

You can buy a lawn and garden battery but those are 50 bucks in some cases I just go for the gusto..... Some might disagree:hide:

·
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm all for bigger is better, especially if there's no down side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts