My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm new here and desperately need your help. I did search the forum but I wasn't finding exactly what I need. I just got suckered into buying this 1996 Yardman rider with a 16hp Kohler (runs strong) and a 42" deck (cuts great). I say "suckered" because I got it home and after two passes in my lawn the hydro began groaning and wouldn't move in either forward or reverse. I'm sure it is low on fluid because it is dripping out at what I would consider a quick pace (about one drip every three seconds). It has left a nice puddle in my driveway overnight. It might just be a gasket that needs replaced and the fluid replenished. According to the Hydro-Gear website their units built prior to 1997 were made to be serviceable.

As far as I can tell from the heavily weathered sticker, the serial number is Y038H1002 and the model is 13BX6940401. Family is SKH426U1G2RB.

ANY HELP WILL BE HUGELY APPRECIATED!! STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO ACCESS THE UNIT AND REPLACE THE GASKET WOULD BE INCREDIBLE.

Thanks.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
First off, Welcome aboard CyFan :)

Sorry to hear of your tranny problem, here's a site that has Hydro Gear parts diagrahms for different models, but I did'nt see the model you listed, might want to recheck yourself and or double check the model number.
http://www.m-and-d.com/Hydro-Gear_parts.html

At any rate, I wish you the best and hopefully someone will be along with more help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First off, Welcome aboard CyFan :)

Sorry to hear of your tranny problem, here's a site that has Hydro Gear parts diagrahms for different models, but I did'nt see the model you listed, might want to recheck yourself and or double check the model number.
http://www.m-and-d.com/Hydro-Gear_parts.html

At any rate, I wish you the best and hopefully someone will be along with more help.
Thanks Jim. I'll dig into the site. The model number is as best I can read it. I couldn't get it to pull up on any sites either. Hopefully someone can clue me in to whether or not the structure of the model number is even correct.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Hydro-Gear unit is a 313-0650. I looked it up on their site but only found a replacement unit for $660.00...YOW!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts