My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased this lawn tractor and believe the governor/throttle cable/choke is not hooked up correctly. Does anyone have pictures of how everything is suppose to be? I have the owners manual, but the picture isn't very clear with everything.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well ****. That should be what I need, but I can't make any sense of what I am looking at. Too many choices.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does appear my control rods were hooked to the wrong holes on the governor. I now have the top hole to the throttle and the lower rod hooked tot he middle hole on the governor. The lower rod is sprung at the governor rod and attached to the same bracket as the throttle. I still don't see how the choke is controlled. As of now it isn't hooked up to anything and definitely starts better when I manually actuate it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With spring around the corner I am finally getting back to this project. I did cut the lot across the street a few months ago ant it ran well an knocked the grass like a champ. Trouble is it has a difficult time turning over. It feels like it completes a single revolution and the pauses then repeats the cycle. With a little extra encouragement from my high amp battery charger it will spin without pausing for too long. I figure it is either the starter of valve adjustment. How do I determine if the valve adjustment is the cause?

Sent from the MTF Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts