My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am brand new to tractors...
Recently purchased a JD 5095M. Will use to maintain property that our family has. Food plot prep & maintenance (both deer & upland bird), skidding logs, plowing snow, clearing additional food plots, clearing and maintaining logging & hiking trails.
Attachments
JD Bucket Loader
JD Snow plow blade
Kverneland 3 bottom plow
disc harrow
Wallenstein logging winch

Aside from the owners' manuals, can any one recommend any good reading material on plowing, harrowing, field prep etc. Not just field prep but also proper attachment adjustment & usage. I know that book knowledge is no substitute for experience, but am looking for some references, books, reading materials to get me started, avoid damaging the equipment too badly and avoiding bodily harm, or at least irreparable bodily harm.

Thanks,

·
Just passing through
8,422 Posts
I am brand new to tractors...
Recently purchased a JD 5095M. Will use to maintain property that our family has. Food plot prep & maintenance (both deer & upland bird), skidding logs, plowing snow, clearing additional food plots, clearing and maintaining logging & hiking trails.
Attachments
JD Bucket Loader
JD Snow plow blade
Kverneland 3 bottom plow
disc harrow
Wallenstein logging winch

Aside from the owners' manuals, can any one recommend any good reading material on plowing, harrowing, field prep etc. Not just field prep but also proper attachment adjustment & usage. I know that book knowledge is no substitute for experience, but am looking for some references, books, reading materials to get me started, avoid damaging the equipment too badly and avoiding bodily harm, or at least irreparable bodily harm.

Thanks,
http://www.deere.com/en_US/compinfo/publications/john_deere_publishing/complete.html

you may be interested in these...;)
Combine Harvesting
How to operate, maintain, and improve the efficiency of your combine. Book © 2007 FMO15105NC US$ 36.95
Instructor Guide FMO15505T US$ 43.95
Student Guide FMO15605W US$ 19.95
Hay and Forage Harvesting
"Real world" evaluations of the many different ways to improve hay and forage harvesting and storage efficiency. Book © 2004 FMO14105NC US$ 40.95
Instructor Guide FMO14505T US$ 52.95
Student Guide FMO14605W US$ 17.95
Preventive Maintenance
A practical step-by-step guide to reducing equipment operating costs and downtime, and improving operating safety. Book © 2007 FMO16107NC US$ 47.95
Instructor Guide FMO16507T US$ 35.95
Student Guide FMO16607W US$ 20.95
Tillage
A practical guide to the latest tillage methods, conservation planning, crop-residue management, and solutions to soil compaction. Book © 2007 FMO11104NC US$ 37.95
Instructor Guide FMO11504T US$ 54.95
Student Guide FMO11604W US$ 23.95
Tractors
How to operate, maintain, and improve the performance of your tractors. Book w/supplement © 2008 FMO10104NCX US$ 43.95

1 - 3 of 3 Posts