My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Three of my friends
9,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new to me L130 has an issue with the RIO switch that I can't pin point.The PO had tried to wire around it,I hooked it back up but it still kills it in reverse and I put a new switch in but nothing different.There is a relay on the right side (don't know what it is for)but I unplugged it and it wont kill the motor when backing up with the deck going?Got a new relay but it still kills the motor when backing up with the relay plugged up,un plug it and all is well.But I need to get the RIO working.
One more thing,the hour meter also is not working,I hooked 12 volts to it and it does work so I am thinking there is a ground issue here,( no power to the hour meter either).There is a ground wire that is dangling free on the right hand side with all the other wires.but I don't know if it is supposed to be hooked up cause I don't see the other end.Dont have a wiring diagram either.:dunno::thanku:

·
L120/G110 Hybridizer
1,164 Posts
The wiring diagram is in the manual here:

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=23974

Just to make sure you know how it's supposed to work. Push the RIO button, engage reverse, then release button. Deck will continue to operate. Any other sequence (like releasing the button before entering reverse) will kill the engine. The relay is required for the RIO circuit to operate properly.

Paul

·
Three of my friends
9,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
The wiring diagram is in the manual here:

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=23974

Just to make sure you know how it's supposed to work. Push the RIO button, engage reverse, then release button. Deck will continue to operate. Any other sequence (like releasing the button before entering reverse) will kill the engine. The relay is required for the RIO circuit to operate properly.

Paul
:ditto:make sure you are holding it down or pulling it up when engaging then while going in reverse you should be able to release it. You need the Relay in place. Make sure the button is making enough contact with the switch.

·
Three of my friends
9,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SonnyT.It's the hold down type but for some reason I think it's not getting power,I see it is also hooked to the seat switch and it works so I have to find out where it gets its power and I think the hour meter is in the same problem.Headed off to New Orleans now ,be back tomorrow so then I'll get into it.Thanks

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Venturing a guess only, but maybe the RIO switch isn't wired up just right? Especially since you said po had tried to by-pass it.

·
Three of my friends
9,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had some time to look into the wiring issue on the l130 and here are some pictures,of the "seat" switch with a jumper and from the diagram it looks to be right?
The Black loose wire I mentioned is seen in one picture and it runs to the frame ground.I found that the hour meter will work IF I run a separate ground and the black wire that is supposed to be the ground dose not indicate there is a ground.It appears to have continuity from the frame ground to the switch but is not coming out of the switch,so a new switch might be in my future?

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts