My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Just joined the site and already needing your help. I just purchased a 1995 jd 425 and found the deck belt gone. I had to cut it off because I couldn't understand if you had to take the whole deck out from under the tractor, plus remove the brackets around the pto gear box to remove the belt. Anyone replaced their belt before on this model tractor? Any help would be appreciated.

I called the local JD dealer and they said to bring it in, I guess they don't give advice anymore over the phone. Thanks for any help.
Bryan

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Bryan,

I no longer have my 425 or the owners manual. I just checked JD Parts and the schematics are vague. Hopefully, someone here has a pic of what you're looking for. BTW, which deck do you have?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
see if this helps

Hi,

Mine is set up different. I did take the deck off the tractor and I believe I have to take the brackets off around the gear box. I did find a 54" deck today that had been in someone garage since new. They only used it once and took it off and stored it. I bought it for 500.00. mine is in very good shape but I couldn't pass this one up for a spare. I'll probably put this one on now since the belt is already installed on it and sand down and repaint mine and put a belt on it later. Thanks for the help though.
Bryan

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Bryan,

Congrats on the find.

JDCCETECH,

Thanks for the pic; I'm sure this will come up again. :)

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Here is a pic of the routing of a 62C; I'm thinking the 54" deck on my old 425 was the same.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Great price on the deck and make sure you use a JD belt. It will save you a lot of aggravation. slkpk

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
You scored a great deal, there is a brand new 54" deck on Ebay with a starting price of $2k, so I you did very well.

Good luck with the old one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts