My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello and greetings, i am from Toronto Canada, i bought a jd 111 tractor with 338 snow blower, i installed it the other day, what a pain lol. i am missing the spring support bracket that attaches to the right front corner of the frame and hooks on to the support spring of the blower on the right side, it is unavailable from john deere any help would be great. email is [email protected]:greendr:

·
Super Moderator
32,682 Posts
Welcome to the forum? Right side from which position: facing the snowblower from the front or sitting in the seat? Does it look like the one pictured below?

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes it is #3 in the diagram, but john deere does not sell it. there might be a aftermarket one from the link above but it is slightly different, let me know if available anywhere, even used is ok.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I'm restoring a 338 and I don't know what part you are referring to, but can you get a pic. I wonder if I need it too!!
PA318's pic doesn't look familiar ??

·
Certified Master Tinkerer
3,045 Posts
I'm restoring a 338 and I don't know what part you are referring to, but can you get a pic. I wonder if I need it too!!
PA318's pic doesn't look familiar ??
Yours is probably still mounted to the blower unit unless you've taken it off to chrome it...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey katt, it is #3 in the pic, it should come with the bag of parts with blower, but you should have everything in the diagram except only one of 9a or 9b, i have 9a. oh and this part bolts on to the tractor frame not the blower.

·
Super Moderator
32,682 Posts
Yep, part M82760 not in JD parts anymore and not on eBay! I have a suggestion though, ask your local dealer to see if any JD dealer has this in stock! They can do that with their logistics system! Sometimes that comes up with things the local store cannot order!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks, i think jd926's link has the part, it is a aftermarket one but as long as it works super, i will call them tomorrow and see if they ship to Canada:trink39: I will keep yal posted :thThumbsU

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man this thing is hard to steer with the blower attached, i think by the end of the winter i will have huge pythons oooooooh yaaaaaaah.

·
Super Moderator
32,682 Posts
You will see those of us that have it say it again and again.....Ya gotta love Power Steering!!! Night and day difference in snow!

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I don't think I have #3#4#5#6 they don't look familiar ??
Also Herd I asked before What is the thing that looks like a shock absorber rapped in black plastic ( or rubber) sleeve.
Here is what my dealer was able to get from JD
1 lift rod and hardware, ( 9a??) 2. Chute rotator rod that goes into lift rod NOT Available ( he gave me one from a different blower but it works) 3. rod for the tensioner spring on mule drive. 4. long steel straps ( braces) left and right. ( herd they didn't fit by about 1/16 inch or so had to loosen 6 frame bolts and tap the frame forward till they went on @ the tractor end. and file the holes a little ( sloppy casting) on BOTH 175's.

·
Super Moderator
32,682 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
My dealer says it's a 338.
I thought it was a 37a but he said no but many parts are the same.
Herd says it's the same as his !! Hey i don't know ??
You've seen the pics a couple of my posts !!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
phoned all mower parts today, what a bunch of a holes, part cost 15 bucks, he wanted 20 for shipping, i told him how can you charge more for shipping than the part. He pretty much told me take it or leave it. Don't deal with these people. Now i have to find another parts place, preferably one in Canada, any help would be kool.

·
Certified Master Tinkerer
3,045 Posts
Also Herd I asked before What is the thing that looks like a shock absorber rapped in black plastic ( or rubber) sleeve.
Its the lift assist cylinder. Look at the pic I PMed you and you'll see it it mounted right on the auger case to the right-rear of the spout.

Bosman: you need the ballast weights for steering as much as traction. Without them the machine is front heavy. Also check your fronttire pressure and you may want to adjust for the added load.

·
Super Moderator
32,682 Posts
My dealer says it's a 338.
I thought it was a 37a but he said no but many parts are the same.
Herd says it's the same as his !! Hey i don't know ??
You've seen the pics a couple of my posts !!

I missed the pics! What thread are they on? Also show some pics of the mounting brackets.

·
Super Moderator
32,682 Posts
bosman777, sorry for diverting the thread there a little! I'm not sure if the 111 allows for this but some of these tractors allow you to add a ballast box (normally mounts to some rear supports) on the tractor to offset the weight of the snowblower. Then with the wheel weights and ballast you can really get good traction. I'm working on finding one for my 318 right now!

·
Registered
141 Posts
:sorry1:about that bad link bosman, i didnt know they charged that badly for shipping:fing20: i only really used that site for the diagrams and see an estimate on parts, i havent had to buy any yet:praying: thank goodness.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts