My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Certified Master Tinkerer
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's part of today's haul. Picked up this snowthrower but can't seem to find what model it is. Th mount is separate from the auger but looks like it should bolt together. No data tag; hacker rattle can paint job. Throat measures 38". Looked through Shimp's compatibility chart in the FAQ section but it only lists a 32" blower for old 100 series. Since the mount works on 110 it must work on that model but what other's will it fit? Want to flip this on CL to start the cash flow in the other direction for a change but would like to know more before I list it. TIA

·
Registered
297 Posts
It is a model 37 or 37a.

·
Super Moderator
32,656 Posts
Fits all 200 series and should fit the later 110 with integrated seatpan and the 112 I believe! The advantage to this model over the one for the RF 110 is where you adjust chain tension. It keeps the chain tight even in hard packed snow! The 37A had a bolt on the tightening system that actually allowed you to set the tension with it (much better IMO)! Here was one that I sold. I'd recommend to strip it since someone painted over rust and clean it up! They are real workhorses!

Attachments

·
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK - so I snagged a 37A (I think) earler this summer to put on the 214. If this one will fit it too is there any advantage of one over the other? Also looks like I didn't get the lift linkage with it.

·
Super Moderator
32,656 Posts
HOD, 37A has squared off chute, the adjusting bolt on the belt tensioner. You will need a front lift kit on your 214 and the lift linkage on the blower to connect to the front lift kit. Let me know if you need pics of any of that!

·
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm... what's a front lift kit? I had the other blower on the 214 and have a lift arm for that one. Couldn't get it to lift more than ~2" off the ground though but that mystery became something else I figured I'd get to later.

·
Super Moderator
32,656 Posts
HOD this thread shows the front lift kit. The lever mounts up at the front of the tractor (you have to lay under it to see the mounting flange) then the rod goes from the lever back to the rocker arm. Note that the long rod has plenty of adjustment on it. This is what allows you to change how high your front implements lift! The bicycle looking link is used to mount to the 43 plow. You will need the linkage below to mount your snowblower.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=101643&highlight=lift+kit

Attachments

·
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK :duh: I got all that for the 214 and 1st blower. Don't have the lift arm for the one I picked up today but hopefully its not huge $$$ from the dealer. I got confused about the "front lift kit" as a separate part since it was already on my 214. So I guess I need to drop the far end (middle of the tractor) and shorten it on the threaded rod to get my blower to lift higher? I've got the plow on right now and it goes plenty high at the current setting so I guess I assumed the thrower would articulate the same amount. Learn something new every day here. Big thanks PA318Guy :fing32:

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Hey Herd What is my snow blower some one mentioned 338 ?? I have the model plate, can you identify from that on tractor data .com

·
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Herd What is my snow blower some one mentioned 338 ?? I have the model plate, can you identify from that on tractor data .com
I don't think its on TractorData. You can look it up on the JD parts site as an accessory to the 160 - 185 tractors. 338 does show up as one of the models of snowthrower and I'm pretty sure that's what you have.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
same as yours, right ?? painting some of the blower parts PICs tomorrow !!

·
Super Moderator
32,656 Posts
HOD, I had a decade to learn the 110 and 212 and 216 all by trial and error because I didn't know this forum was here! But I think in that amount of time I did everything but the tranny and engine teardown! Glad I could use some of that "school of hard knocks" to help someone!

·
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HOD this thread shows the front lift kit. The lever mounts up at the front of the tractor (you have to lay under it to see the mounting flange) then the rod goes from the lever back to the rocker arm. Note that the long rod has plenty of adjustment on it. This is what allows you to change how high your front implements lift! The bicycle looking link is used to mount to the 43 plow. You will need the linkage below to mount your snowblower.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=101643&highlight=lift+kit
Thanks - I'm starting to get it now. Need to find one of those ^^^^ linkages. Tried FleaBay but no joy. Any other ideas other than the dealer?

·
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HOD, 37A has squared off chute
So I went back and looked at my other thrower (not the one pictured in this thread) and the tag starts with E210 which should be a 37A according to Shimp's charts in the FAQ section. But it has a rounded chute. Maybe earlier units were round chutes?

·
10,728 Posts
Thanks - I'm starting to get it now. Need to find one of those ^^^^ linkages. Tried FleaBay but no joy. Any other ideas other than the dealer?
Last year when I was looking for one, the dealer was cheaper than Ebay. Well, until I lumped in some other goodies at the Green Paradise, of course.

·
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Last year when I was looking for one, the dealer was cheaper than Ebay. Well, until I lumped in some other goodies at the Green Paradise, of course.
I agree - its dangerous to just stop buy for "just one little part." Do you remember how much it was? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
32,656 Posts
So I went back and looked at my other thrower (not the one pictured in this thread) and the tag starts with E210 which should be a 37A according to Shimp's charts in the FAQ section. But it has a rounded chute. Maybe earlier units were round chutes?
It's possible someone changed out the chute. I had two 37A's and both had the squared off chutes. There were actually two styles of the squared off chute too. A short version and a taller one that has a steel handle built into the movable top piece..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts