My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I need some help. I came across these items along with a right side lift kit and an alternator mount plate. The mount plate is brand spanking new and so is the right lift kit. I don't know what they are for. I am assuming wards or gilson as the model tags start with gil. Any help would be awesome. These items are also available to be sold.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
The grader blade sold at wards in 1968 for $40 bucks. If i get a sec sometime this week i will scan the pic i have, its the exact same blade/mount setup. They also have the same blade for a 1965/66 gilson says it fit squire 9 and 10 for the same price. Part no 33057 for the 1968 thru 1971 & 1202 for the 65/66
46inch Sickle bar 33056 in the 1971 wards book sold for $224 & it says in there that it fit 1967 thru 1971 gilson 10,12 & 14hp tractors only. I have no idea how many years they made that sickle bar since my books stop at 71 so hopefully someone else comes along with more info.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the info. Also any input on their value would be great also if possible. I have the pics for the lift and alternator bracket. Ill post those now. I cant believe that these items are 45-50 years old. The blade looks light it was bought new yesterday. The sickle looks like it has never been used. No scuffs, no wear anywhere. I'm going yo post in whats it worth. Thanks for identifying its machines it fits on.

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thanks I just joined the group. Are these items really rare? I cant find anything about them online.
Jake, rare and valuable are two different things, your parts are worth whatever someone will pay for them. There seems to be a very small group of people that care for these old machines. FYI, I had a sickle bar just like yours and it went for a couple hundred dollars. Someone in the yahoo group will show an interest...I'm sure of it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Who knows what its worth. 99% of the people you will be dealing with will want it for nothing, Other than these groups its hard to find info on these machines anymore. Put the price you want on it and stick with that & especially if its in "new" condition, most of the used stuff being sold for these machines today is WELL worn out junk.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Ya I always say rare doesn't mean valuable. If only 1 person wants it they basically set the price. One of the problems is I don't know if I have all of the items. So I guess ebay auctions are the way to go.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
That bar would be nice to have, if I had a use for it. It would probably sit over in the corner for another 30 - 40 years.
With the original part numbers of each item, I think in the Collectors file in Yahoogroups, there is a list of what attachments can fit on which machine, similiar to the 'fit-up' guide for Craftsman machines. I think it's up there. I've seen it someplace.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow! The sickle mower sold for 327.50 on ebay. Now to sell ths grader blade and left lift lever.

Sent from the MTF Free App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts