My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ford 555B is sitting in a field 4 hours away. I didn't have the wrench necessary to pull the line. The line is the 8' line for the piston end of the bucket cylinder. The nut on the compression fitting is 1.25" but I could use an exact reference to have the shop make me a replacement before the weekend. Any of you have that info?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mark! There is some good stuff there. Luckily I finally found a somewhat local company (Klamath Basin Equipment a.k.a. KBE) that will send a tech out to the property and pull the hose, take it back to the shop and make me one. I'm just amazed that New Holland doesn't have any specs on them. They have the length and that is all. Figure I'll pay what it takes to make a relationship with these folks as they are WAY closer to my property than I am on a daily basis and I'm sure I'll be needing more from them. The more I did in, the more I realize this poor beast has been abused. Incorrect ignition switch was installed and none of the gauges or idiot lights work. The darned wiring diagram color codes are completely off so I'm back out next week with my wire squealer and some electrical parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts