My Tractor Forum banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
The yanmar tractors are different than the onan powered ones in this aspect. If I’m understanding the question and remembering correctly, you do have to remove the seat pan to get the pedestal side panels off.

·
Super Moderator
29,038 Posts
Yes, the side panels won't come off without the seat pan removed. Here is as good a pic as I have, you can see the rubber isolator (red arrow pointed down) with bolt on top for frame pan. The side panel has a lip and that bolt goes down through that lip (red arrow pointed up). Not all machines have the isolators, but be careful pulling the bolt out as those go through clips on the frame, if the clip drops out, they are a real pain to reinstall!!!

·
4,267 Posts
Tim..I notice that you post a lot of helpful pictures...which become a lot more useful with the little red arrows ...how do you do that?

·
Super Moderator
29,038 Posts
Mark, I use the "snipping tool" built into the OS (just do a search for it) to do the basic ones. If I need to add quality text I drop them into Powerpoint and add text then snip them back out to post here. Just do a search for it:

It allows you to cut right from anything on your screen. It has some editing capability too, here is a video on how to use it:

Attachments

·
Parts collector
3,358 Posts
Well you are getting farther with yours than I am mine. I really wish my back was better and it would stop raining here so i could get to mine...........

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Sorry been delayed. I'm actually sitting in a hospital hallway while my wife's in labor with our second daughter. Wont let me back there with this Corona BS, so needless to say I'm not a happy camper at the moment. But yes those pictures were correct I have the isolator but still cannot figure out how to remove them? It's just a stud sticking up?

20200401_162122.jpg
20200401_162115.jpg
15859763471658807929921757050638.jpg

·
Super Moderator
29,038 Posts
Well I can't help with the baby, (prayers for happy health one!) but as I suspected that isolator has been in there a long time. So the bottom of the isolator is exactly the same as the top and goes down into a clip in the frame that it screws into. So you will have to unscrew it, but you need to get some penetrating oil under there and let is set for a day or so. And you will need a new isolator too! I've tried fixing them with different adhesives but haven't ever had much luck. Maybe someone out there has the magic formula that will hold it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
So the second picture is the piece that has lost the isolator. And that piece is supposed to thread out somehow? And same for the one with isolator supposed to just thread out with no tool other than pliers? And UPDATE around 3am I was allowed into the room with my wife thankfully. Alls good just waiting...

·
Super Moderator
29,038 Posts
So, glad you were able to go in with your wife!

Yes if you can get some penetrating oil/PB Blaster under there (shoot up from the bottom if you have to), then if you can get some vise grips on the disk it should turn as it's just a bolt under that disk. Try not to snap the clip though or you will be cursing yourself later.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Ten four and then the isolator side just JB weld it back to that disc? And 11:16 my second daughter was born this morning!!!!! Happy and healthy baby and momma!!! This forum got me through last night lol I was in that hallway for a long time scrolling through here...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey congrats! Good to hear it amongst all the crap going on right now.

Here's a few shots of mine. I happen to have my 332 apart right now for a trans cooler install. This is what it's supposed to look like. If that J clip breaks, they're easily available at a hardware store too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
29,038 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!!👩‍👩‍👧‍👧(y) Glad that we were a good past time in a frustrating waiting period!

Gook luck trying to fix the isolator, I've tried JB weld, contact cement, Gorilla Glue, etc... Ended up just buying a few from JD to have on hand as it was just easier.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Ten four it makes sense now completely seeing it out of the machine thanks guys. I'm gonna be hitting it hard here once we get back home and things settle down.

·
Parts collector
3,358 Posts
Congratulations!

Do you have a welder? If so weld a nut to the top of the broken isolator so you can remove it.

·
Parts collector
3,358 Posts

·
2,482 Posts
Ten four and then the isolator side just JB weld it back to that disc? And 11:16 my second daughter was born this morning!!!!! Happy and healthy baby and momma!!! This forum got me through last night lol I was in that hallway for a long time scrolling through here...
Congratulations Brother. 🍻

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
So been busy the new baby and trying to get ground ready for corn. Started planting Monday. Anyways I got a little bit of time to remove those isolators they definitely a pain in the rear. But now all the tins off including the fuel tank and ready for a deep cleaning. Maybe this weekend...

61 - 80 of 83 Posts