My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
That there's worth fixin'
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Craftsman friends. I need some help finding a plastic flywheel fan for this Craftsman mower. Normally I tinker with older Suburbans and David Bradleys and have little knowledge of newer mowers/tractors.

Here are the numbers of the mower in question:
Craftsman LTS2000 19.5HP 500cc Gold Edition
Serial# 917.289070
9BSXS.5002VP 278661 Engine Family. Briggs

And here is the story:
Recently my brother had a problem with this mower. Was misfiring and running worse and worse until it would run no longer. Compression sound coming out the carb. My first thought was the flywheel key sheared so he bought a couple keys and brought it to my house. Well the key was fine but when we took off the valve cover we found the exhaust rocker was disconnected and the push rod loose so the exhaust valve would never open. As it turned out the rocker stud backed out until the rocker came off the valve completely. Ok so here is the problem. easy fix. Loctited the stud, retorqued, checked the other rocker too. all good now. Quite certain it will run and yes, runs better than it has in a long time but........

During reassembly we foolishly got the blower housing on incorrectly so the oil filler tube was interfering with the plastic fins on the flywheel fan. Just cranking it over wiped them off cleanly and quickly. So now the mower runs really nice but of course he doesn't dare use it for any length of time without fear of it overheating.
I'm having trouble finding the part. I think it's because Sears uses there own numbering system separate from Briggs. Causing me confusion. So I'm asking for help from you folks finding the part number of this plastic fan. I did try SPD. Thanks for any help you folks can offer. Rick

·
Registered
71 Posts
You will need the engine model number, then take that to Ereplacements.com model number should be on top of the rocker cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I have some parts taken off blown Inteks, I might have a fan. As stated you need to post the engine number, it should look like this 31xxxx-xxxx-xx, probably stamped on the valve cover.
Cannon

·
Premium Member
9,133 Posts
This is off a 18hp brigs PN 280815. PM me if you want this.

Attachments

·
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies everyone. He can't find any numbers up around or on the valve cover. Here are a few pics that I'm hoping will help identify it.

edit:I have him looking again more carefully in case he missed it on the valve cover. It is rusty and could have been missed. Told him check the bottom side too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
The numbers should be on the very front of the engine where the red RTV is. Is that cover on upside down?
Cannon

·
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, It's there. Thanks for setting me straight fellas.
31P677-0804B1-090212ZE

1 - 10 of 10 Posts