My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
20,000 +posts!
20,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope someone here can help me out..

I got a plow setup for a Craftsman tractor,I think it fits the 1980's Silver "LT" series,but so far I cant find any sites that tell you what fits going by the numbers on the tag on it..no luck on Sears "direct parts" site..I must be doing something wrong,EVERY time I try looking for anything there,it says "No Match Found",no matter what numbers I type in..

The model numbers on the plow are 486.264590..it has a long "U" shaped channel iron bar that goes well back under the tractor that has two hunks of 1" solid bar stock that evidently goes onto brackets bolted to the tractor chassis..I'm hoping to find whay tractor it fits so I can either sell it,or perhaps adapt it to one of my "Customs"..but I think parts are missing like the lift handle and the attachment brackets..I'd like to see whats missing,if anyone has a diagram of it..

Also,my friend just picked up a "LT-4000" Craftsman tractor--looks fairly new,I'd guess 1990's--model number is 917.55581 but the Sears parts site says "No Match Found" on that too,so I cant look up any belts or the steering parts it needs!..I hate that site!--takes forever to "load" then tells me everything I have,doesn't exist!..:mad:

·
20,000 +posts!
20,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bill,I will try that #--but at the LIBRARY,my computer is too slow on Sears site ,too frustrating!..

·
Registered
406 Posts
try using something besides sears parts direct. something like jackssmallengine.com or tewarehouse.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts