My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I got a columbia lawn tractor. I want to find the model number and serial number but I cannot find it at all( i need them to buy the good oem part). where is it? The tractor a 13hp 38 inch cutting deck, the engine is an ohv briggs, it has a 6 speed transmission, the lever to lower the deck is also use to engage it. I would say it is a late 90's model or early 2000's model, I also need the model number and serial number to know when it was made. Pls help

·
1981 Ford 1100 4WD
880 Posts
On my Columbia it is under the seat, on the seat frame.

·
1981 Ford 1100 4WD
880 Posts
Mine is a model CGT5426FAB
I have to tilt the seat up to see the tag on the underside of the seat. That's the only place it will appear.

Also, my Dealer printed it on the front of my User Manual.

BTW - I'm down in North Central PA. Columbias are rare down here.

buton mine, there was a sticker on the back side of the seat, but it got ripped appart

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine is a model CGT5426FAB
I have to tilt the seat up to see the tag on the underside of the seat. That's the only place it will appear.

Also, my Dealer printed it on the front of my User Manual.

BTW - I'm down in North Central PA. Columbias are rare down here.
do you need to lower the deck height lever to engage the blade?

·
1981 Ford 1100 4WD
880 Posts
Don't know, never tried that. I always lower the deck to 3 - 3.5 inches before energizing the electric PTO (pull switch on the dash).

My Columbia is only a few years old and has the 26 hp Kohler (54 inch mower deck) and hydro drive.

The current data I have is
CLT38G (38 inch deck) has a 7 speed trans. and the PTO is a manual lever. And they show the engine as Columbia 420cc

So the current machine is quite different from what you have.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I saw this thread but thats a little too new for my knowledge base. Lol

Columbia tractors are assembled in Ontario Canada and there is likely similar White, Yardman and Cub Cadet models which you might be able to find on tractordata.com

On any Briggs engine the first two digits in the engines 'CODE' show the year that the engine was built.. the tractor will be either the same year or one year later.

It is likely a CVT setup... which means its not actually a 6 speed trans but rather just a forward-neutral-reverse trans and uses a variable pulley system.

the ID sticker 'Should' be on the fender pan under the seat but there are exceptions so look around the entire tractor.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I saw this thread but thats a little too new for my knowledge base. Lol

Columbia tractors are assembled in Ontario Canada and there is likely similar White, Yardman and Cub Cadet models which you might be able to find on tractordata.com

On any Briggs engine the first two digits in the engines 'CODE' show the year that the engine was built.. the tractor will be either the same year or one year later.

It is likely a CVT setup... which means its not actually a 6 speed trans but rather just a forward-neutral-reverse trans and uses a variable pulley system.

the ID sticker 'Should' be on the fender pan under the seat but there are exceptions so look around the entire tractor.
well thanks Lance, those are very good info, the pic I showed earlier aren't the model I have, but it is what I found that was very similar, exept for some lever not being at the same place, I didn't know that it was like a cvt set-up, but I am here to learn, thanks again

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I dont get alot of tractors that new coming thru my shop but I do know that the CVT setup was fairly common around the late 90s and early 2000

My Columbia is a tad older than yours ;)

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
what doesn that mean?
is there a raised section between your legs with a shifter in the middle f-n-r or can you slide your feet through from side to side with shifter in the left fender . It could be vari-drive or the later cvt . Vari-drive has fnr and a speed shifter with 1 to maybe 7 or 8 speeds. CVT will have the fnr but a pedal for speed.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
yes, there is a raised section, its not flat, there is a forwad neutral reverse lever
As mentioned it's made by MTD and marketed as columbia. Used to be mainly marketed in Quebec but in Ontario it has replaced the white outdoor (also mtd) brand at dealerships that were White before. I'm guessing late 90s if it's 13 hp , 38 ". Did you check the code on the engine? Likely a 600 series. I've had a few go through my possession. I'll see what manuals I have of that vintage. go to

enter 13ah660f301 for model and 1 for serial number. Check out if that looks like your unit.
whereabouts are you in Canada?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As mentioned it's made by MTD and marketed as columbia. Used to be mainly marketed in Quebec but in Ontario it has replaced the white outdoor (also mtd) brand at dealerships that were White before. I'm guessing late 90s if it's 13 hp , 38 ". Did you check the code on the engine? Likely a 600 series. I've had a few go through my possession. I'll see what manuals I have of that vintage. go to

enter 13ah660f301 for model and 1 for serial number. Check out if that looks like your unit.
whereabouts are you in Canada?
Province of Québec

1 - 19 of 19 Posts