My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need some help trying to find a part number for the drive cable on a Mtd (yard-man) lawnmower. I've searched the model number, and found nothing at all. I've had this problem many times before, model number 100% correct, but no shops can find anything on it, and neither will a google search.
The cable I'm looking for has the "s" hook type end on both ends, and has external threads for adjustment on the upper part of the cable where it's held onto the handle.
Anyone actually understand what I mean?
I can get a picture of the cable if needed.
Model number of the mower is 12AD59R501

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a pic that has just the model number in it. I took this one earlier when I first went to search up the number, so I only needed the model number. I can get a different pic that has the serial number too if you need it. Sorry that it's sideways, I've gotta get in the habbit of taking pictures sideways when using my phone haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, here ya go.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a few. One of the whole mower, one of the cable end, and one of the engine stop/drive handles.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tried, and wasn't able to find anything. A google search of the model number brought up nothing, like 0 results displayed nothing.

Forgot to say this earlier, but the motor is a 6.5 briggs, engine code says it's a 2003.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I had some similar luck with a Cub Cadet recently. Sometimes less is more.

I just tried putting 12AD569R in their parts search, and up popped a 12AD569R401 a 2002 mower.

It shows #75 in the diagram on the left side of the handle, Part number 747-1252, Control Cable. Or #85 in the diagram on the right side of the handle, Part number 746-1250, Drive FWD Cable.

Take a look at it and see if it's like yours.

http://www.mtdparts.com/equipment/A...2)/General_Assembly/010059100-D/0100591000005

Here's a better picture:
http://www.m-and-d.com/pdfs/MTD/D569R_WB.pdf

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Had a similiar problem, turned out the MTD Canada was the difference. Look below the model # on label and you will see the MTD Canada.com reference and maple leaf flag.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks so much everyone! That's the machine bwdbrn1!!!!!
Looked up the part number, and found a picture of the actual part on ebay, and it's the right part. I'll price the part at a local shop Monday.
I figured it was that is was a Canadian mower, you'd think I'd find something on the MTD Canada website tho.
I'll remember that trick about shortening the model number.
Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Cool, glad that turned out to be the correct one for you. Another thing I found kind of useful for MTDs is their online chat line.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts