My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help,
I purchased a 2008 XL Deisel, but unfortunately the previous owner "lost" all the link arms, etc for the 3 pt hitch.

I need replacements, and I need to know if the hitch is a CAT 0 or CAT 1. The manual doesn't indicate which one it is. My closest dealer says CAT0, but he's never seen a Legacy before (needless to say I wont be going to him for repeairs)

The Massey 2927 (aka Legacy XL) manual clearly states that the hitch is CAT 1, and the tractors are pretty much identical.

Redlandhill makes both a CAT 0 and a CAT 1 kit at a reasonable price, compared to the manufacturer..

I want to make certain before I purchased the aftermarket kit.. I dont have to to fab up anything, as I have 27 acres of soccer fields to aerate in the near future.

If anyone has a better supplier, please advise.

I can not wait to get some seat time on this baby.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hey Owen
You can go to PartsTree, put in your Simplicity model number and look under the Attachments section for the 3 point that went with your Legacy. There will be a parts diagram so you can see what you're missing, I suspect it'll be cheaper to just get your missing parts than buy another 3 point kit.

I like PartsTree's part lookup better, but Jack's generally does a little better price wise.

Congrats on your new Legacy XL!

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's neither. It's a "limited" cat 1. The spacing between the 2 lower arms and the spacing from the lower arms to the upper link is the same as the same as a cat 1. It will also except the 3/4" diameter pins used on cat 1 implements but the length of the 2 lower arm as well as the upper link is cat 0 size. Also the lift capacity is less then that of a full cat 1. Using full cat 1 length lower arms and upper link would reduce lift capacity even more.

Bottom line, I'd stay with "limited" cat 1 stuff, even if I had to buy it from Simplicity.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Cruiser..
I went ahead and purchased the "limited cat1" kit from EEZS for about $129 USD, it has cat 0 arm lengths, but Cat1 pins.

HOpe this works

1 - 5 of 5 Posts