My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, bought this craftsman garden tractor today. It is a 1996 garden tractor with a 20.5 hp kohler command and hydro trans with a 48" deck. It came with a bagger and mulching plate i got it for $200 it runs like new and was only used to cut grass. I would like to know what model this is and maybe some info from other owners as to how it holds up what kind of attachments it can handle and pulling abilities without damaging the hydros.

Attachments

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,654 Posts
if you got it for $200, you outright stole it, the bagger is worth more than that.

If you can read the serial number and post it, some knowledgeable Craftsman guru can probably tell you what you want to know.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you got it for $200, you outright stole it, the bagger is worth more than that.

If you can read the serial number and post it, some knowledgeable Craftsman guru can probably tell you what you want to know.

yep got it of craigslist from a guy who just HAD to buy a zero turn because all his neighbor's had one obviously someone who had extra money to throw around. anyway i have the model number

Sears Craftsman Model 917.251521

i can post up the serial # tomorrow

·
Super Moderator
17,826 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Hondarancher4435:MTF_wel: and I sent sent you a PM with some helps as well on Your Craftsman GT.

·
Super Moderator
17,826 Posts
Well the genral rule of thumb is don't exceed the weight of the tractor Plus operators weight. But I would say you could pull a fully loaded 17cuFT trailer full of Dirt or Gravel :thThumbsU

·
Registered
37 Posts
What a great deal, especially for a GT!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Page 5 in the manual, gives you an idea what it will pull.

well thats a suprise they were actually suggesting pulling 2 discs in tandem or pulling 3 lights attachments at once. i just have not owned a hydro before so i do not know their capabilities compared to a gear drive.

what can i do to keep the hydro in good order?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
You could change the transaxle oil (20w50)and maybe the filter.

You might want to move over to the Craftsman forum for more opinions and answers.

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
What a nice buy at a super nice price.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
hondarancher4435,

For $200...!?:eek:mg: All I can say is congrats!!!!:thThumbsU

1 - 17 of 17 Posts