My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i opened up my craftsman blower yesterday to see what type of damage was done when the muffler bolts backed out. saw that one was complely tore up and the other was on its way. i'm going to try to time sert it on monday and see what happens, hopefully i won't have to buy a new cylinder.

anyway, while i was in there i noticed that one of the fuel lines had developed a pin hole leak and only leaked a veryyyy thin stream when bent the right way. i checked the sears site and amazon and its $5 for each line (2). i can't see my self paying $10 + shipping from either place. does anyone know where i can get this cheap? maybe in bulk? not sure the size but its about 1/8" OD clear tube.

part number on the blower is: 358797040

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/par...7/1503120/P0010383/00001?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=

part number 41 and 45 on diag.

thank you.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Check with your local auto parts store for fuel line. My local ORielly store carries it in bulk rolls. I usually buy 10 foot at a time so I don't have to run into town every time I need to replace one.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your reply. are you talking about rubber fuel lines that cars use? because thats not what i needed. this uses very thin clear tubes that go into the tank.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have gotten clear fuel lines from a motorcycle shop. Not sure if they will have your size though. Might be worth a phone call.

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Your local hardware store or auto parts store will have it. And if you use the black line it will not make a difference.

·
Master Service Technician
748 Posts
i feel your pain and have been there....however you need to buy the proper line size because if you dont there is no way in heck you will get them pushed through the fuel tank.

There is a kit that includes both sizes of line and it retails for about 5 bucks. Any good well established small engine shop will know this part. It is an AYP/EHP part number. The number escapes me now, but when i get back to work if u still need it i can get it for you.

·
Registered
353 Posts
As others have said, fuel line comes in various sizes. Yes, get the correct size for your application. Ask the counter person for the line, take a sample of what you are replacing and be prepared to change color. The stores around here keep the spools behind the counter and sell it by the foot. I avoid purchasing "kits" of anything if it is available in bulk.

Clear vinyl hose is not fuel proof, nor is it UV stable and will deteriorate from fuel exposure and sunlight exposure.

"Tygon" (brand name) is what you want. Tygon is fuel resistant and will last for a finite length of time, but at some point will need to be changed out. I tend to change it every winter as part of my seasonal maintenance. Tygon has a feel similar to a silicone rubber and is very stretchy stuff. The going price here is about a $1 per foot.

With the exception of my Stihl saws all the other equipment uses 1/8" line so keeping a quantity on hand is not a problem. The Stihl fuel line seems to be proprietary size and is best sourced from a Stihl parts source.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the help. i found this:

but wasn't sure of the brand until now. i still have to check the size. would a auto parts store stock this?
thanks for all your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts