My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted a previous thread about what decks would fit my tractor. Found a 38 inch deck, purchased it, now the trouble begins. When I attempt to mount deck it sits to much to the rear of tractor and will actually rub on rear tire. I have all the original mounting brackets and am looking for advice. The PTO rod is appears to be two or three inches to long also. The thing I do notice different is the pins on the height adjuster are pointing to the right side of the tractor and in the picture of the donor tractor the left on is pointing out. I though maybe I could cut the front mounting bracketand shorten it by and inch or so, and thread the two levelling rods another inch or so and hope that would work. A fabricator I am not, looking for advice I am. Maybe it is my own stupidity and I am doing something wrong. Help please.
Picture 1: My Tractor
Picture 2: Donor tractor
Picture3: Deck
Picture 4: Deck

Attachments

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
If possible to look at the donor tractor underneath and your tractor underneath, I bet you'd see the difference. The decks should be the same by looking at the lift control arm on both. Hmmmm. need more photo's, for sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts