My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the points in my C12 with a Kohler and now wanting to replace the coil but don't want to pay dealer price. I am still trying to resolve the stalling issue when it gets hot.

I know that the coil is the same as some car/truck coil but just need to find out which one. I assume it has the resistor in it??

Anyone got any info?

thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The coil has an internal resistor and that is what makes it different from one used on a car or truck. Here are some after-market suppliers

ROTARY 1781 Description: COIL IGNITION KOHLER

Replaces
KOHLER 231281

KOHLER 237256

OREGON 33-333

PRIME LINE 7-01634 ......this is Napa

STENS 460-048

SUNBELT B1SB1781

Have you checked the valve clearances for the hot stall problem?

Garry

·
Super Moderator
31,820 Posts
I would recomend getting eather a OE Kohler coil, or search the auto parts stores for a "Bosch Blue" coil. I have had ROTTON luck with the aftermarket coils on these engines!!!! They cant seem to take the heat and the shaking

·
15,000 +posts!
20,416 Posts
I think NAPA sells a sutiable epoxy filled coil with an internal resistor that will work well,and I believe Standard-Blue Streak ignition parts has one available too..sorry I dont have my catalogs handy or I'd give you the part numbers..Autozone sells Bosch parts and may be able to special order the Bosch coil too..

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the coil info. I have not checked the valve clearance for the hot stall. I am going to replace the coil and see how that goes. It still has the original coil on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts