My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My friend has a Homelite 10618-A chainsaw. Serial #1G1140642. He messed with the carb and forgot how many turns out the hi and low settings are. Can anybody help us out ?
Thanks Rod

·
Registered
431 Posts
Try 1 1/2 turns out from bottom on both needle valves. This will give you a starting point to get it started and then fine tune it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Try 1 1/2 turns out from bottom on both needle valves. This will give you a starting point to get it started and then fine tune it.
+1 to this advice.
turn both needles clockwise gently to where they bottom out, then open each 1 1/2 turns and you should be able to at least start the saw at that setting. You can fine tune from that point, in something close to 1/8 turn at a time. Counter clockwise turns allow more fuel (richer air/fuel ratio), clockwise turns allow less fuel (leaner air/fuel ratio).

·
Registered
281 Posts
what i was told is once running and warm, adjust it cutting wood, set HI rich enough that saw "burbles" at full throttle, then start cutting, moving it leaner just until engine smooths out and burble stops while cutting. But just just ever so slightly still burble at wide open throttle after the cut/ That way its as rich as it needs to be. All done while cutting , dont matter what it does when not in wood really.
I have saw many people adjust for the most rpm and "fastest" engine speed with the saw not in wood, not good.
I adjust my saw like above, and i can actually tell it runs cooler too.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
what i was told is once running and warm, adjust it cutting wood, set HI rich enough that saw "burbles" at full throttle, then start cutting, moving it leaner just until engine smooths out and burble stops while cutting. But just just ever so slightly still burble at wide open throttle after the cut/ That way its as rich as it needs to be. All done while cutting , dont matter what it does when not in wood really.
I have saw many people adjust for the most rpm and "fastest" engine speed with the saw not in wood, not good.
I adjust my saw like above, and i can actually tell it runs cooler too.
I agree! :fing32:

A saw really should also be set with a tach so it doesn't over rev, (run lean).
From Madsens tech area.
http://www.madsens1.com/saw_carb_tune.htm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts