My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all-

Does anyone have a parts transmission Foote 4150-17? I picked up a new-to-me mower a couple of weeks back. For some reason the brakes didn't work.. I went to adjust them and noticed the brake disc and caliper are not there. That explains it..

I am looking for the parts shown in the owners manual below. The mower is a 917.255812 per the tag, but the closest manual I could find is for a 917.255813. It is a YT-14.

I need items 58-72 as well as 61 (spring) on the upper page. I can dig up the hardware I am sure, but the disc and caliper with the lever is what I really need. Does anyone have these by chance?

TIA

Rob

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For some reason, I can't seem to edit my post to include this picture from SlowCrawler showing the parts I am looking for. Thanks

Rob

·
Jersey Mechanic
1,015 Posts
I have the parts and the brake pads should be usable, as I have numerous foote transmissions from those model tractors for parts. PM me a price shipped and if it works for me, I can pull them and ship them to you.

Dan

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Need brake parts off of a (deleted) trans from Craftsman 917.255 series YT-14

Hi all-

I am having a *** moment here. With the help of a member here the parts in the diagram I thought I needed have been located (Thanks Dan). The problem I am having is my tractors trans does NOT appear to be the same as shown above.

See this crappy photo:

The ONLY hole I can find to mount a brake caliper with is the single hole filled with grass right below the slot that accepts the brake pad.

There may be sanother hole covered in grease off to the right and stepped back, but if there is I don't see how the caliper would center on the pad and disc.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? I agree with Dan in that I have never seen a brake caliper setup with less than two bolts. What could possibly go in that single hole under the brake pad slot?

I'd really like to get this done so I can move on to another project, any help, thoughts, or suggestions would be fabulous.

Thanks all.

Rob

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They have different transaxles per searspartsdirect.com
812 Sears PN 105877X
813 Sears PN 108854X
Bill, do you know if there is anyway to find out "where used" in regards to the transaxle # 105877x? What I mean is is there anyway to find out what other model tractors used that transaxle? I am hoping to find another manual showing the breakdown of that trans. The Sears site's imbedded image is sorely lacking detail that I need to see what parts I am missing.

I tried to order (did order) a manual for my actual unit (917.255812) from Pammar, but I have bad feelings about that person based on other threads (sick or worse for a couple of years now?).

Thanks for any more suggestions you may have.

Rob

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bill, you are the man. That should help alot.. Thanks again.

I will check with Dan to see if he has these parts, but if anyone else does, please contact me!

Thanks

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts