My Tractor Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts
We don't get snow here very often and when we do it is generally gone by noon the next day. We are supposed to get down to 49 lows and mid 60s for High's next week before it warms back up. Today's high 85 deg here
well... our ground is white now & the trees still have green leaves on them.. weird to see that..

Discussion starter · #23 ·
I ordered the sockets today. The more I read about the imported LEDs the less I trusted them to last. I ended up buying Sylvania Zevo super bright LEDs which come with a lifetime warranty.

I'll post up a review and nighttime comparison pics when I get them in.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sylvania-Z...FNZyoLJ&_pmc=true&_productid=1524876796&rt=nc
Hey Steve post pics of them. Tonight was the 1st nice weather I've had to check my new 1700 lumens headlights. Here's some pics. I think mine shine out towards the side more and possibly my brush guard blocks some of the light shining forward, but they are a lot brighter than the sorry OEM lights that's for sure.

Nature Natural environment Atmospheric phenomenon Light Darkness
Forest Natural environment Darkness Tree Woodland
Black Darkness Green Light Atmosphere
Darkness Black Green Light Headlamp
Lawn Grass Property Lighting Yard

Light Photography Darkness Night Lens flare

I ordered the sockets today. The more I read about the imported LEDs the less I trusted them to last. I ended up buying Sylvania Zevo super bright LEDs which come with a lifetime warranty.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sylvania-Z...FNZyoLJ&_pmc=true&_productid=1524876796&rt=nc
Hey Steve post pics of them. Tonight was the 1st nice weather I've had to check my new 1700 lumens headlights. Here's some pics. I think mine shine out towards the side more and possibly my brush guard blocks some of the light shining forward, but they are a lot brighter than the sorry OEM lights that's for sure.

View attachment 2341901 View attachment 2341903 View attachment 2341905 View attachment 2341907 View attachment 2341909
View attachment 2341911
Yeah those look great. I hope mine are near that bright. Can't be as bad as those factory birthday candles. I dont think you could read braille by the factory leds

Discussion starter · #25 · (Edited)
Impossible to read by the OEM LED headlights!!! Put them on their own on/off switch also it a lot nicer and will save the life of our bright new light bulbs.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
I'm also thinking about adding a couple yellow diode lights under that dash hang over part above the hour meter. I mow at night and the dark unlit dash is a bummer to me. I have some yellow diodes to light it up at night in the barn. Think that's my next mod so I can see to pour a cold one in the dark. LOL

Discussion starter · #27 · (Edited)
Here's the yellow diode light I'm thinking about lighting up the dash with. Think I'll just put it on the same switch with my headlights that way when I turn on the headlights the yellow dash light will come on. Why doesn't CC think of these things to set their self apart from the competition and stand our from the crowd. This diode may cost .15 cents or cheaper. These are just some spare junk in my barn waiting to be put to use. Guess I will.

Technology Electronic device Automotive battery Auto part
Yellow Auto part Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate

Yeah those look great. I hope mine are near that bright. Can't be as bad as those factory birthday candles. I dont think you could read braille by the factory leds
boy u said it right..

Do not buy these lights for this application. They have baffles that make the light shine to the rear and rely on a good reflector to direct the light forward.

XT3 reflectors are not very good at that. The forward directed bulbs like Mud linked are much better than what I bought. $12 mistake on my part.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Well bummer, the ones I bought are ok it seems and the shine out to the sides a lot. I think I can mow in the dark with them if the bugs don't attack me to much. LOL
Got a new asphalt runner toy so have been gone playing with it. I did drive the Cub yesterday using my drag leveling more gopher mounds.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Blue

Well bummer, the ones I bought are ok it seems and the shine out to the sides a lot. I think I can mow in the dark with them if the bugs don't attack me to much. LOL
Got a new asphalt runner toy so have been gone playing with it. I did drive the Cub yesterday using my drag leveling more gopher mounds.
View attachment 2343427 View attachment 2343429
Nice wagon. Congrats on the new toy. Now you just need to attach a 60" tow behind mower to it so you can get done faster.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
View attachment 2343427 View attachment 2343429
Nice wagon. Congrats on the new toy. Now you just need to attach a 60" tow behind mower to it so you can get done faster.
I thought about that but it only has about 5"s of ground clearance.
I like my Cub and JD for yard work and really enjoy using them. I think my grass has stopped growing for now so was thinking about taking the 60" mower deck off for the winter.

I thought about that but it only has about 5"s of ground clearance.
I like my Cub and JD for yard work and really enjoy using them. I think my grass has stopped growing for now so was thinking about taking the 60" mower deck off for the winter.
Yeah, my grass has stopped too but I still need to mow leaves for awhile so I'll keep my deck on. Gonna change my hydro oil to 5w-40 Rotella today after mowing leaves.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Yeah I changed my hydro oil a few hours back. I already have about 39hrs on my new Cub in the 1st month of owning it. Just paid payment number 1. LOL

Yeah I changed my hydro oil a few hours back. I already have about 39hrs on my new Cub in the 1st month of owning it. Just paid payment number 1. LOL
Dude, you're a mowing monster. I bought mine with 12hrs on it in May and have 47hrs on it. That's mowing ~2 acres, pulling a box blade and drag.

Discussion starter · #36 ·
Dude, you're a mowing monster. I bought mine with 12hrs on it in May and have 47hrs on it. That's mowing ~2 acres, pulling a box blade and drag.
Rhonda put an hour on it Sunday test driving it around the pasture I think she likes it too. I drive it to the front gate getting the mail and taking the trash out. 3000' driveway

Rhonda put an hour on it Sunday test driving it around the pasture I think she likes it too. I drive it to the front gate getting the mail and taking the trash out. 3000' driveway
That power steering is nice. I was grinning like an idiot when I test drove mine <10ft, knew I had to have PS forever after that.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
That power steering is nice. I was grinning like an idiot when I test drove mine <10ft, knew I had to have PS forever after that.
Yes Sir the PS is really nice. I that part for sure.

i fixed my head light problem.... sort of. my head lights always were bad. At the moment i have a ground problem and they don't work at all. anyways i put a 24" LED light on the top of the soft cab. Super bright now.
No question you will appreciate the 24” LED light bar and I think having it on top will give you great visibility. I have two lights, which allows me to focus them apart, but I love mine up high. Can you show how you mounted it? Enjoy!

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.