My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a old guy through a friend selling some suburbans. He is about three hours away from me, So i will have to go sight unseen and decide there. What I know from the phone call

Asking 400, would take 3.

1 tractor mostly complete, needs seat and runs good, likely needs carb rebuild 16hp onan twin

2. tractor with a lot there, 16 hp onan twin, engine out of it, runs good (allegedly)

3. mostly just tractor chassis and some parts. one of these tractors has a three point hitch,.

4. three suburban snowblowers

5. drag harrow and spring harrow

6. the compsot mill

I am pretty tight on money right now, but I have wanted a suburban for a long time and this seems too good to pass up?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sounds like a deal, as long as the kids don't go hungry...

You could probably recoup some of your money fairly quickly reselling an extra snowblower or hitch.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
It sounds like a bit of work but will be worth it if you can put it together some nice attachments and I'm sure you know what 3 pts sell for on e bay. If you can do the deal go for it I would if it were near me. Good Luck
GB in MN

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
That sounds like a deal to me. Two Onan tractors and a compost mill. You should have no problem getting your money back selling the stuff you dont need. If it were closer I'd go for it.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Some of these deals are a no-brainer. I bought an ST/16 a year ago and sold it this summer for an extra $100, after having snagged the 3-point, wider rear tires, concrete wheel weights and a few other odds-n-ends. Win-win.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Lets see, sell the blowers for 100 each and your money is back

·
Tractor hoarder/collector
2,456 Posts
DUDE buy it....id be interested in the compost mill and spring harrow if you wanted to sell them! but theyd have to be original sears... and spring harrow, is that the spring rakey thingy?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DUDE buy it....id be interested in the compost mill and spring harrow if you wanted to sell them! but theyd have to be original sears... and spring harrow, is that the spring rakey thingy?
I am definitely interested in keeping the mulcher, never seen one before! but then again I just want to play with it, it might lose its novellty after a bit. I am buying this tractor(s) for work! the spring harrow I might be interested in selling or trading, I am not too interested in the collecting or original side of things (although it is a cool bonus). Anything compatible I am into.

turns out it sounds like there is a moldboard plow in there too! guy didnt know the name, said a single blade with a wheel...

Is there any other brands/generics that fit the sears 3pt hitch? When I get this stuff, if it is original sears (he says it all was) I would be happy to trade with people on here with compatible ones.

UPDATE:
After talking on the phone with the guy this is how he describes the 3 tractors:

1. Almost fully complete, good condition, missing seat (ONAN twin 16hp)
2. Almost fully complete, engine is out (bought replacement Onan twin 16hp that runs good in the garage)
3. Almost complete, missing engine completely.

All tractors are described as between 75-77. he said the two were definitely original onan twins. Can someone give me a little more info on these? only read briefly about them, not clear on the difference between the single and twin.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Well--the clock is ticking.Or this may turn out to be one of those-- "**** just missed it"--- storys.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
Sounds like a decent deal- even if you can't get both to run, you can build one great machine, part out whats left and recoup some of your money

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rented a trailer, went to pick it up, wound up being in much worse shape than described. He described it as 1 nearly 100 percent complete ss16, one 90% complete ss16 and 1 parts. wasnt even close. and the implements I wanted were missing pieces like the rotospader and the compost mill. If i already had a suburban, could have been a great deal still, but not worth it for me at this point in the game

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
I have a compost mill, just tried it finally today... Worked ok till the belt flew off lol. I need to make a tensioner.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts