My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local parts graveyards have turned up nothing, but I need the left front spindle for my front wheel. My son (that I love -- just barely) drove my 1989 Roper GTK 18 off of a "cliff" in my yard and snapped it clean in half. Welder says it can't be welded and so far, no luck on fleabay and clist. The Craftsman II is basically the same tractor (mine has a kohler twin). The little flange that comes off the axle is not stepped on mine -- it's just a straight bar -- well, it was until my son...

Anybody on this forum have a parts graveyard? Good number to call for obsolete parts? 121168x is the craftsman parts number, I'm pretty sure. I did see a whole axle or $50.00 or so on fleabay, and it's not that i'm cheap, but... :)

thanks for the help.

·
Collector of many tractors
15,274 Posts
The only reason that you could not weld it would be if the axle snapped next to the wheel bearing.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could be that my welder just didn't want to do a "petty job" (though I've spent plenty of cash there in the past.) It snapped right at the "flange," (for lack of a better term). Right at the spot of the previous weld. Actually, my engine guy said he couldn't do it either.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Is a 16hp twin roper the same?I junked one and have the front axle still.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I have a Craftsman GT6000 front axle sitting around, is that the same thing? Mine is from about 1990, it's the stamped front axle.
I can pull and ship the spindle for less than the fleabay axle price-

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmmmmmm. Dunno! Maybe I'll snap some pictures tomorrow and shoot some measurements. The 16hp could be -- the craftsman could be. Thanks, guys.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The GT6000 looks really promising! I'll get back to you!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This isn't a very exciting thread, but I hate unfinished threads...

tractor service guy on the other side of town said he could weld it. He did. Works fine so far!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts