My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4x4 Prestige model #2690680 and I need a new steering bracket. It's #5 in the parts picture and the part number is 1733918ASM. Mine is cracked and has been welded a few times. I've been trying to find a replacement part for over a month and today, my local Simplicity dealer said the part is no longer being made and is not in stock anywhere he can find. I find it very strange because this is a key part, without it, the tractor cannot be steered. Anyone know where I can get one or know of anyone who is making the part?

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
If it's NLA, then it's googling for that part number to see if someone has NOS, or is parting out a tractor, finding a tractor for parts yourself, or fabbing up the part.

If it were me, I'd go straight to fabbing it myself, if it's not in your skill set, then a local machine/welding shop should be able to whip something up, as it looks relatively straightforward, and it sounds like you have a decent part to work from.

·
6,334 Posts
Somebody on Simpletractors.com had a similar problem recently ..unfortunately that steering system looks the same as the Conquest and Legacy and very poorly made...not what You expect from a Simplicity ..If I come across the thread from over there I will send the link to you...in the meantime I would try to fab it, also...as suggested in Post#2...and keep your eyes open for a parts tractor...good luck

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Small engine parts warehouse shows it listed for $64.10.

Reactions: torc

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Small engine parts warehouse shows it listed for $64.10.
I can't seem to find it on their website. Did it say they had it in stock or did they just show the part with part number and price? I did order the part from Jack's Small Engine about two months ago as they showed it on their website. Six weeks later they said it was shipped to me but the tracking number said it was never picked up from them. After several phone calls it was clear they were not going to do anything about it and not return my money. Now my credit card company is in a fraud dispute with them. I'll get my money back eventully but a reputable company would not do crap like this. Never again will I order from them.

I posted on here with the hopes that someone else already solved this problem and I could have a solution quickly. Now the question is do I go ahead and build an all new piece from 1/4" steel or will simply welding a 1/4" piece of steel to the top of it be good?

·
6,334 Posts
That is a judgement call on your part.......some of the satisfaction of having an older tractor comes from adding your own touch to it..if you can do it...save some moolah and go for it...and let us know how it works out..in a lot of cases home made replacement parts are better than original or replacement

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Partstree has the part listed for $70

poke here

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure partstree doesn't have it. Everyplace I could find online that sells Simplicity parts has the part listed, but none of them actually have it in stock. Then, when I place and order with them they will try to get the part from Simplicity, who doesn't have it. I think I'm going to remove the bracket and weld a thick piece of steel to it that will nearly cover the whole top. What I'm worried about are the two bolts that hold this piece on. I'm afraid it's really going to increase the stress on them. I got rid of a Sovereign to get this Prestige, what a mistake! Looks like I should probably start looking for a different tractor.

·
6,334 Posts
I hope you are able to pull off the work yourself and wind up satisfied...those steering systems left a bad taste in a lot of mouths

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I looked it up under Simplicity parts Prestige 4x4, you are probably right that they probably do not have it in stock. I have been doing business with them for 20 plus years and they have been great. It won't hurt to call and see. Here is their number.
1-800-236-2333. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Learning the hard way
953 Posts

·
Learning the hard way
953 Posts
On an unrelated note. Does anybody know the part number (or have a picture) for the snowblower or snowplow hitch for the 4wd prestige or conquest? I just bought a snowblower off of a standard Prestige but didn't realize the hitch would be different. I should have known better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts