My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this method of linking works -

http://cgi.ebay.com/644-Case-Tractor-Loader-Mower-Deck-Cultivator-Nice_W0QQitemZ7703096794QQcategoryZ50377QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anyway, any opinions - 1978 644 case with loader, 3 point, 48" mower deck, cultivator. Somewhere between $2500 and $3350 (buy it now). Seems a little high to me, but its intriguing cause it's less than 100 miles from me and would be a useful unit if it's okay. I know nothing about them.

Only 9 hours left for me to decide.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I agree with you on both of your points. It is pricey but seems intriguing. That loader looks real solid and the deck looks great from what little I can see. Those older Case tractors were very solid machines and with the motor just rebuilt that is a big plus. If its big wnough for whatever you need to do I would say go for it. I might like to talk to him also if possible before making a bid. I always ask questions like why are you selling it? See if he hesitates and is hiding a bad mower or if it sounds legit.

just my .02

Andy

·
Super Moderator
31,425 Posts
Those Case loaders are a REAL tough little tractor, and they normaly do go fopr real good money. I have never found one under 2grand, and most are quite a bit higher. I cant see it getting the 3500 number though. Not a 644, A 646, or a 648 ya, but not a 4. But for 2500 its a good deal, nuless its hammerd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts