My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
What did you say ?
580 Posts
I have several bump feeds, a stilh polycut blade head. Recently I installed a pivot trim head for a friend. I liked the pivot trim and plan to get one for myself.

If used with the correct size line the pivot trim head uses much less string than a bump feed. As someone somewhere said "by the time the line needs changing I need a rest".

·
What did you say ?
580 Posts
No way, Your going to have at least several inches of waste line at each of the four pivots. That's four time as much waste as your going to get at the end of a bump feed head that wasn't over bump fed. And your going to be changing those lines on the pivot head many times more than you are going to be re-spooling a bump feed head. If I took a rest as often as someone somewhere I don't think my yard would ever get trimmed...
Just sayin' :dunno:
Yeah way! You are going to bump that bump feed many times before the one set of strings on the pivot trim are toast. So guessing you never used a pivot trim.

According to their site
• The secret is the patented pivot action
that protects the trimmer line
• Instead of bending and breaking, the
pivoting action saves your line
• So powerful no other trimmer head
can compete
• Banging it on pavers, edging around
driveways, and smashing into walls won’t break the line​

I tried it and liked it. Like I said I am going to get one. You do have to use the correct sized line or it may not stay put.

·
What did you say ?
580 Posts
Yup, My Line wears down a few inches, I bump and go with 10ft still in reserve. Mean while you'll be weed whacking with little nubs with slow tip speeds and a tiny cutting diameter or you will be stoppin' to swap 'um.
Infomercail gimmicks wont help. I learned that one a long time ago.
Try one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.