My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
One of few employed in MI
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've got a 1965-1975 Ford 2000 with a diesel. The harness has been hacked into so many times I don't even feel safe using it any more. I have found complete wiring harnesses for 58-64 tractors but not the 65-75's. If no one makes a wiring harness for it, I can make my own. I just need a wiring diagram. I haven't had much luck finding a decent diagram.

If I need to know an exact year let me know how and I'll find out.

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
sure yuo can make your own.

break it down into circuits.

remember that it likely had thermostart.. so make sure you get that in there too.

everything and be point to point wire.. including genny and vreg.

did you try cnh for a harness.. that had one for my 75 5000??

your service manual contains a wire diagram.

soundguy

·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sure yuo can make your own.

break it down into circuits.

remember that it likely had thermostart.. so make sure you get that in there too.

everything and be point to point wire.. including genny and vreg.

did you try cnh for a harness.. that had one for my 75 5000??

your service manual contains a wire diagram.

soundguy
Believe it or not, the service manual doesn't have one. I know I could break it down circuit by circuit but I have a wire rack with about 40 different color combos. Everything at this point has either been cut out or is just black. I can't imagine Ford made almost all the wiring black or light grey. Not a restoration but I would like to at least make the wiring harness as correct as possible.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
If you want a correct harness, buy one.

otherwise it will be lots more money to make a correct one by the time you buy all the special connectors ford used, plus the exact color combo's.

I thought you just wanted it to run and be wired correctly.

what service manual do you have. the fo-31? I was pretty sure there was a block diagram for the electrics in there.

soundguy

·
Premium Member
7,949 Posts
Here's spome part numbers. Your New Holland dealer might still be able to get them.

C9NN14A103B Harness Assy., Main Front, Replaces C5NN14A103AF & AJ, 2000-3000-4000, NHNA Only, Start Year:
01/01/1965

C5NN14N104R Harness Assy., Main Rear, NHNA Only, Years: 01/01/1965-10/31/1973

The first one looks like it includes everything from the voltage regulator forward, including the wiring for the headlights, generator, solenoid, etc.

The second one looks to be everything from the voltage regulator back, including the wiring for the instrument cluster, ignition keyswitch, tail light(s), neutral safety switch, etc.

·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys. The manual I have is some PDF file from a buddy. Looks like I'll just get new harnesses. Didn't realize how cheap they are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts