My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to hook another LB user up with a f-wheel to fit a D-433. Part number is 678355, and I believe it's the one that had the aluminum cover, not the plastic style. What is the real difference or why did OMC use 2 different types? Need some education on this subject since D's I'm not too familiar with. Anyone have one to sell off and how much $$? Thanks.

·
Senior MTF Poster
13,074 Posts
I can't really answer you question but if you look on the magneto plate of D400 engines, there will be raised numbers telling you the point gap AND what flywheel to use with that mag plate. I know from past experience that the flywheels will not work properly interchanged. My GUESS is that it has to do with the positioning of the coil in relation to point operation. "Edge Gap" not to be confused with "Air Gap".

Walt Conner

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've got a D-series engine - complete actually - checked compression before removing from the cracked deck - came in at just under 80psi. I'm not sure what number D-series it is, but the flywheel has #678355 on it. Here are a couple of pics. I have the muffler too if you're interested.

I was actually pretty shocked by this mower - given the way it looked, I was planning to simply part it out. I couldn't believe my eyes when it started on the 3rd pull. I've had it stored for about a year - who knows how long the guy before me had it sitting in his garage. It's not like anyone could have mowed with it - the deck was practically in two pieces.

I'd like to be able to at least tell you what model the engine came off of, but I can't. The deck had a 7262 tag, but the shroud wasn't right for that model - neither is the engine.

Anyway, feel free to send a PM. I'd prefer to send the entire thing - engine, tank, carb, muffler & all, but will pull just the flywheel if that's all you want.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts