My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching craigslist, machine finder, and ebay and I have not been able to find a good condition hydraulic blade for my 318. I have seen two on Evil Bay, but they were very, very far away. I am located in Waynesville Ohio in between Cincy & Dayton. I am willing to travel a reasonable distance & pay retail if it's in good condition and does not need repair.

So does anyone got one they are willing to sell? I really don't have the energy & time to shovel 150 feet of 3 car wide driveway this coming winter. Especially with a baby on the way. :crybaby:

Thanks
Daryl

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Daryl: Its getting closer for time wise for blades to start showing up on craig's list. Dont give up yet........ As for paying "retail" Have you priced a new one? you best be sitting down when you do. If you use this web address you can search a lot of surrounding craig's list .... www.searchtempest.com

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
KJD is correct - searchtempest is your best friend. There are also mobile phone applications.

$450-$650 is the range for a hydraulic angle blade.

·
Super Moderator
35,862 Posts
You can occassionally find them for under $400.00 but getting one close may be an issue. I bought one with just hydraulic lift for $250.00 then put the angle kit (still available from JD, but sticker shock will get you) and picked up a 2nd cylinder on eBay for $45.00 (was my lucky day!)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'll check out searchtempest.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't know where you live in Ohio and how much snow you get, but with a 150 foot driveway I would be looking for a snowblower instead of the blade.

·
Registered
484 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a non-hydro blade, wheel weights, and tire chains for a 325. Im just outside Columbus, Ohio...if you can confirm it will fit on your 318 I would consider parting with them.

-Chris

·
Super Moderator
35,862 Posts
John Deere 54 Inch Plow Blade - $350 (Waterford)

Date: 2010-08-02, 10:18AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

John Deere 54 Inch Plow Blade fits 318, 332 with 4 way hydrolics.
Call Bob at 814-823-5321

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1876156915

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got one! My Dad was out running around looking for a used garden tractor for my brother, and came across a 54" 4 hydraulic blade for $250 at a small trcator shop that deals mostly in larger farming equipment. We installed it and everything works great. The blade's in great shape, just needs the squeegy.

Thanks for all the replies.

·
Super Moderator
35,862 Posts
Was it a dual hydraulic (power angling) blade or just a single hydraulic? If it was dual that was a great price!

·
JD Green all the way~!
1,312 Posts
Great news, I was just about to post ans tell you to make a post on Craigslist in the wanted section or in the farm and garden section for you WANTING a blade. Thats how I found mine. Pretty close, it was in a town about an hour or so away. I paid $450.00 and it was in great shape.

As for your squeegy idea...I read on here that some members bought the horse stall mat from a Tractor Supply and cut it into the strips they needed, and had plenty of left overs for replacements down the road. I was cheep, and worked well, and really handled the wear and tear.

Ya, as summer comes to a close, and winter time starts getting here these get harder to find, and if they are for sale, people think they are worth top dollar. Sad thing is...people pay it sometimes.

Buy in the summer, and sell in the winter...one might make a hundred or two extra per blade every year with a small mark up.

~F~

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK what's this "lock out valve". What valve needs to be locked out when using the blade? This is a power up/down & left/right blade.

John Deere......that's just an amazing deal you got on your blade. I wish I had more time to check out those estate sales. I'm sure there are some other great finds to be had out there.

·
Registered
367 Posts
It installs on the rear cylinder to "lock it out" when using your front blade. It helps the response of the angle cylinder, and controls drift of the angle cylinder.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts