My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Case 222 suppose to be a 1973.I get it to turn over by jumping the solenoid but no spark.This is all new to me I don't even know where the fuse is.If anyone could send me a wiring diagram I could use it.When I get a chance I'll post a pic,it's not pretty but I think its worth fixing consider what I Paid.Thanks Ric

·
10K and Climbin!
12,045 Posts
The reason you dont have spark can be there's no power to the coil.. Turn the key on and test the (+) side of the coil.. Should be 12V.. If not you can spin til the hounds come home with no spark! Sounds to me like either no power to the ignition switch or faulty switch / blown fuse..

:goodl:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason you dont have spark can be there's no power to the coil.. Turn the key on and test the (+) side of the coil.. Should be 12V.. If not you can spin til the hounds come home with no spark! Sounds to me like either no power to the ignition switch or faulty switch / blown fuse..

:goodl:
Where is the fuse located.If I jump the coil to the pos. side of the battery it runs fine.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Did you look at the wiring diagram? The fuse is likely in a small tubular holder with a wire sticking out of each end.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I want to thank you for the help.I found that the wire to the coil rotted off the key switch,so it looks like I need a new key switch.If you know what switch I could replace it with it would be a great help.It looks like the part # is 23839.I enclosed a few pics of this rat rod.But for $100 Iguess you can't expect much.Thanks again

Attachments

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Contact Brian Hildreth here or your local Ingersoll dealer. I think the oem switch is around $25.00 and well worth that cost ...

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I want to thank you for the help.I found that the wire to the coil rotted off the key switch,so it looks like I need a new key switch.
If the connector that attaches to the ignition switch is bad then that can easily be replaced without replacing the switch itself.

·
Registered
358 Posts
You said its not pretty? It says Case on it :thThumbsU so just figure you are investing in precious metal.Or at least that is what my brother says when he buys another antique tractor.:sidelaugh
By the way a 222 is a great machine.
Terry T

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got it running and its a keeper.Just to confirm what you said about 1 tractor is not enough your right.I'm going in the mourning to get another 222 with a blower and a mower.I think I should have started to collect something a little smaller.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have a Case 222 also. Mine is a 1984 model. I bought it from the original owner. It's been kept indoors and I got the manual with it.

There don't seem to be very many around in NE Oklahoma.

I'm still working the bugs outta my electrical system too.

But, it does seem like a nice heavy tractor.

I do have one complaint about the 222... It has the widest turning circle of any GT I've owned. :eek:mg:

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Its not nearly as bad as a MTD 990, you have to go into the next county before you can turn that around.

BTW thats a nice looking machine and at a great price. :thThumbsU

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Well worth what you paid for it. I wish I could find one. They are in short supply around here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts