My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this weekend little gas powered ride reel mower from my mom's along with some other implements (will post another thread about that). My brother had picked it up years ago, so rather than let it sit out and get rustier or worse, end up being thrown out, he said we could have it.
The motor is missing, but all fittings/gears are free moving. Tim took the reel mower off and cleaned up the rest of the tractor. He PB blastered all joints/gears/fittings just to be sure, then tonight we power washed it after sprying with degreaser.
The belts, drive & mower drive, were shot but able to get numbers off them for future reference.
Here's link to previous thread that shows what it is supposed to look like.
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=66893&highlight=National+Mower+company
Here's pics Tim took while working on it.

Attachments

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some more pics:
From what we can tell it was a green color. There is website with contact info, so I'm gonna call and see if there is any manuals available.
http://www.nationalmower.com/
Kbeitz,
Is this anything like the one you have?

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've looked at a few of them before because I mow 12 acres.

They are pretty neat machines! Simple working and get the job done. I don't remember the acres per hour, but I do recall it was pretty impressive compared to newer machines.

Good luck and keep the pictures coming! It's nice to know I'm not the only guy wasting away in my garage keeping the neat stuff mowing!

·
Administrator
6,196 Posts
Looks to me like a early 60s 30" mower......Yes, they were green.

National Mower has a website and customer service.....I contacted him about my Nationals, but he couldn't help much as I didn't have complete numbers.

Have a look at my National Group link below....I have some manuals on the site, not sure if we have that one.

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pocho62,
Thanks for the yahoo link. I applied to join, so hopefully I can look to see if manual is there.
The reel mower section seems very heavy duty and will probably cut nice once fixed up. We're gonna have to make up new rollers for it, as the original are almost rotted away. The blades and cutting edge are in good shape with no gouges or nicks.

·
Administrator
6,196 Posts
Cool John.......You make member #40......I had a look this morning, and we don't have a manual for a 30" mower, but the frame etc is quite similar to the 68" mower. The 68" mower has 2 reels on the sides and one on the back......Your reel fits under the machine, right?

Trae Humphries (tech rep) at National Mower.com may have a manual for your mower.

A couple of our members have that style, if I could just get them to post a bit more....lol

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, mine mounts right underneath. Tim pulled it off before he took the pics. I had the numbers written down, but forgot to bring them with me to call Trae.
I looked at the 68 manual and it is similar. I printed it out to take closer look tonight.

·
Administrator
6,196 Posts
Yeah, mine mounts right underneath. Tim pulled it off before he took the pics. I had the numbers written down, but forgot to bring them with me to call Trae.
I looked at the 68 manual and it is similar. I printed it out to take closer look tonight.
I used to have Trae's email, but can't find it....I sent an email to the site this afternoon, with att to him. Will see if he gets it. I asked if he has a manual for the 30" National. I would like to have that manual to put on the group links page.

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
poncho62,
thanks a bunch!!!
Now Tim can study it to see what is missing or needed.
Believe it or not, we were able to get the numbers off the tranny drive & mower drive belts.
Do you know if parts are still available from National? If not, maybe those links you provided on Yahoo might have if needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts