My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a national mower company golf course mower, no belts all chains, does any one know of any sites with any info on these? WILL POST PIC TOMORROW

·
Super Moderator
17,152 Posts

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
Sergeant knows everything ;)

I really like reel mowers; and Nationals look really cool. I saw one in really great condition on kijiji a couple months back, at a good price too. There's lots around, it seems. I didn't know they had a website.

@justin28
Your AC 410 was made in 1972-1973.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Sergeant knows everything ;)
[tongue in cheek] Sergent knows all and sees all. He is actually the reincarnation of the Great Karnak but wishes to keep his identity secret.(Below is a candid shot from a recent tractor meet, heavily photo-shopped to add Ed McMahon) :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,152 Posts
Except I forgot that Ariens owns National Mowers:thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Yea........and looking at the web site, it looks like they own Gravely too.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Last I knew they were still based out of St.Paul. I once got for free a non running old prototype National from a golf course in St.Paul and sold it to a guy in Wisconsin who was so far in the boonies the power company would not run wires to him.
A collector told me about 9 years ago that the top guy at National had a complete collection of every lawnmower brochure ever printed.

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
Ah gee, don't say that. I assumed you knew all this too. If you forgot, I guess you DID know it.

I was surprised also Gravely, Ariens, National.

It all looks like Boardwalk and Park Place monopoly these days.
Simplicity, Ferris, Murray, Snapper, Briggs.

And the MTD - baltic and mediterranen. :ROF

·
Super Moderator
17,152 Posts
Protrucker Ariens has owned Gravely since 1982 That why we made the Ariens & Gravely together as one forum when MTF first started . They bought National Mower in 2006 :thThumbsU

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
I was surprised to see National's claim to "King of the Hill". There's slow moving Toro's with 3 gangs that were popular at golf courses I worked at. But at one course, which had totally stupid hills, they had a Kawasaki (branded) machine, that was highly acclaimed by it's operator as amazingly stable winding around elevated greens, striping and trimming bunker edges in it's path; on gross angles that seemed impossible. Whoever placed these bunkers was certifiable; some of them would not hold sand on the steep parts. Really, it was bad design; but this Kawasaki was super low, reminiscent of a go kart. I was quite happy to leave that course - too many nightmare hills everywhere, the whole course set in a valley, and cliff-like elevations being regularly mowed for nothing more than some image - and many of those were maintained with high CofG rough mowers. insane.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ill get pic up tomorrow i promise, but ive e-mailed national web site they have no records or referance to the numbers i gave them off mine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what you think

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts