My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NASCAR, dump the 400, 500 and 600 mile meaningless grinds and adopt what we saw tonight as a weeky show. Congratulations to Stewart-Hass Racing for the win, but it was the racing format that produced the excitement. More like Saturday night short tracks all across America where winners are determined by driving and not silly "fuel mileage strategy" or long boring "parades" or a "big one" that takes out 3/4 of the competive cars...

So next Saturday night we get the 600 mile parade. I'll record that one rather than watch it live like tonight glued to the TV. It takes a lot to glue Hydro to a TV no matter what the show and lately NASCAR hasn't been very "sticky". Hooray for Tony AND Ryan Neuman! And welcome back NASCAR even if it was just for one night.

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
Hydro

Good overview of last night’s race! Congrats to Tony Stewart; I actually enjoyed it for a change. They sure can't keep putting on those boring sleeper races and charge the exorbitant seat/concession prices and expect to grow or even maintain the sport. The T.V. advertizing blitzes certainly overcook the actual enjoyment in my experience. I have only been to two races but both convinced me that I’d rather watch it on T.V. and fall asleep in my own easy chair. Please don’t get me wrong… I still like it, but since my man (#3) died it just hasn’t been the same for me. I’m a (#88) fan but he has struggled (I think he needs a new crew chief). Unfortunately the focus is on every one making a huge pile of money and as in all sports; things… they are a changing (and so am I). :fing32:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts