My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of fixing and cleaning my 1973 110, I decided it just has to have the narrow wheels with tri ribs. unfortunately, narrow wheels with a 1" bore are not so easy to come by. anyone have any thoughts? can the correct size bearing be put in a wheel barrow wheel? Or will a cub wheel work that I can put on a lathe and cut down? Or does a simplicity narrow wheel have the correct bore? thanks in advance! -Nick

·
Super Moderator
17,362 Posts

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
The narrow 1" wheels always bring at least $100 on Ebay. Wish I had a pile of them. The skinny Cubs and Simplicitys are 3/4".
Wheelbarrow wheels are made for wheelbarrows. They are pretty thin guage, and you would need spacers.
Most 110's and 140's with the narrow wheels are 3/4" too. All sorts of odd offsets on the other brands as well. Nothing fits like the real thing.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm gonna put my narrow tri-ribs on the std 318 rims with tubes.

Someone chime in if that would be a problem, but I can't think of why it would be.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Where were you a year ago Nick I sold two pair for the 1 in. spindles one set was NOS with 4 ply studded tread tires the other pair was just the wheels that needed cleanup and paint but were in great shape. The last I knew they were available from Deere but they are likely $$$. I still have 1 set on my 140 but they are staying if you need the part # I am sure I can find it if you want to go that route. BILL

·
Premium Member
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where were you a year ago Nick I sold two pair for the 1 in. spindles one set was NOS with 4 ply studded tread tires the other pair was just the wheels that needed cleanup and paint but were in great shape. The last I knew they were available from Deere but they are likely $$$. I still have 1 set on my 140 but they are staying if you need the part # I am sure I can find it if you want to go that route. BILL
thank you and man I wish I would have known! I found the part number, $100 a pop from deere! I did, however, find that miller tire sells a wheel that has a one inch bore with a roller bearing! its $34. My question is if the original cap would still work or not...

·
Registered
260 Posts
My tri ribs are installed on standard rims. I still love these tires! Adam

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts