·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
For picking up round hay bales?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whats a FEL? I have never seen anything like this, I guess I dont see much larger machinery.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what i thought it was, but it looks like it is too narrow to pick a round bale and too big for a smaller bale. Also it seems there are cables and a block of pulleys in the rig. Is this a hand operated or winch type setup?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Early model migrant worker platform

The migrant worker sat on the top edge while the tractor pushed the pronged fork through the dirt, and up popped all those taters, which the worker would then place in a bag....to be picked up by fellow migrant worked setting on a wagon...........heck I don't have a clue, especially with that section of rounded bucket like shape and those long prongs.

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
mcanders...is this a quiz :D cause we're failing poorly ROF

We need our Canadian contingent to weigh in on this...they probably know :fing32:

·
Registered
285 Posts
name this attachment

After hay was cut and dried, then was windrowed into long windrows.
You started at one end of a row and pushed it into a pile.
Usually started at the edge of the field and
made a pile,where ever you wanted in the the field.
Using height and reach you could get a very large pile in no time.
Was used long before small square bales were made.
Looks like the wooden handle on the left side post is a trip pull,
when pile got high you let bucket down on pile,tripped the handle and raised the bucket. First one I have seen using cables. Usually hydraulic cylinders
were used from the front tires up to the post by the steering wheel.
Maybe cables were wound up on spool on the pto?
I live in IOWA!! Nothing against our northern neighbors!!!!
T.J, terry

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I might be confused with the facts, but I think that it is a manure loader. I know they made some cable operated ones before they invented hydraulic oil.

·
Super Moderator
16,745 Posts
carl is correct My Great uncle Had on on his 1939 JD

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
its a manure bucket the bucket was operated on a trip i'm just looking up the cable setup i think it wound on a spool to raise the loader arms and unwound to let it down and reset the bucket. i found a #45 jd loader but it is hydraulic other than that it looks the same

·
Administrator
11,855 Posts
I'm glad your memories are working better than mine. I was standing there next to it and took the picture. I'm drawing a blank at the moment as to the use and how it was driven. I'm gonna have to start making notes when I take the photos. :fing20:

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
memmurphy said:
I'm glad your memories are working better than mine. I was standing there next to it and took the picture. I'm drawing a blank at the moment as to the use and how it was driven. I'm gonna have to start making notes when I take the photos. :fing20:
ROF That's the first stages of CRS ROF

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Murph

At least you remember standing next to it and taking a picture. Your crs is not too far along yet. :fing20:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts