My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we are cleaning house a little. 2 down and on the way to the scrap yard. Lot's of good parts. 2 good trans and one good engine.

·
2,261 Posts
If you where a little closer,I would probably buy some of those pcs.

·
20,000 +posts!
20,939 Posts
Thats a SAD picture Small Fry!..looks like a Suburban tractor murder scene!...and eerily much like MY yard at the moment,but I'm not scrapping anything just yet--I know the second I do,I'll need something off the parts tractors..

Looks like you have some deck mounts you should save on that blue frame
--the clutch idler & brackets are highly prized items as I'm sure you know too..

I think I'm going to put the SS-12 I got together someday,see if I can use the SS-16 clutch idler bracket thats welded to the battery tray on it ,instead of the style that bolted to the engine that its lacking--I have the whole setup off the SS-16 and the original idler for the SS-12..other than that not much is missing off the SS-12..has nice tires,actually its a shame it got the motor swiped off it for someone elses project,it should have been left alone..

I could even put the front half of the SS-16, on the rear half of the SS-12 so I could put my Onan on it,but I'm not feeling very ambitious yet--my back is still killing me from last weeks "beating" it took swapping the tranny into the Suburban 12 and putting one rear hub on the other one..(I could use another steel hub,the '67 looks goofy with one steel one and one cast iron one,hate to rob both off the tranny I pulled I wanted to fix and save,but I may have too)..

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea it's sad, but has to be done. I been putting it off for a few years. I have been robbing parts off these for a while, time to finish them off.

·
Registered
210 Posts
darn, if only i lived close. i have a sears suburban 16 with a few parts missing that i could use...do you ship? :p

·
Registered
590 Posts
where abouts in PA are ya located small fry? if your close enough i could take a drive.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yogi

Those fenders are pretty beat up. They look good from the bottom but the edge's are rusty and bent up. Someone even drilled holes in them.

CF

I'm almost to ny, Binghamton, ny is only 15 mi's north from me.

·
Registered
590 Posts
oh, i'm out by pittsburgh so that counts me out.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Small fry I'd like a chance for the engine. The RT 90 garage sales are this weekend, they end in Homer. I could jump on 81 and be there in an hour. Maybe saturday late afternoon? shoot me a PM if ya want to sell it.

I'm interested in a LH gearbox for a 38" mower deck if anyone has one kicking around. Sure would appreciate finding that.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Small fry I'd like a chance for the engine. The RT 90 garage sales are this weekend, they end in Homer. I could jump on 81 and be there in an hour. Maybe saturday late afternoon? shoot me a PM if ya want to sell it.

I'm interested in a LH gearbox for a 38" mower deck if anyone has one kicking around. Sure would appreciate finding that.
PM sent

1 - 12 of 12 Posts