My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried the bowl assembly Tractor Supply sells which is weak threads so it stripped with only hand tightening.
Where is the best place for a good quality replacement and new fuel line?
Thanks,
442Man

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Seems like all the "new" ones are made in China and finding a good one is a crap shoot. I went though a couple just recently before I got one that would tighten and not leak. As for the gas line I used generic 1/4" steel brake line and bent it to fit. Do have to cut and reflare one end.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Doesn't Just8N's have TISCO? That is the brand I tried from different sources.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just8n's does not say if made in the US or not. I plan to check out a local New Holland dealer to see what they have. If it's an import no go for me.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I don't know if the one for the new holland dealer are made in this country either. I do know when I bought one from my new holland dearler for my 841 it cost me over $50. So they ain't cheap. If I do have to put one on my other tractors I think I would go with John's idea and use the brake line and cut and bend to fit. Did you check where you are threading it into to make sure those threads aren't all chewed up. If it those brass screen pieces. I have seen those threads leak. I keep a couple of extra ones on hand. It beats have to run back out again.

Kirk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gents,
The replacement (35 bucks) unit I got from the New Holland dealer is US made. I installed with no problem at all and did use the steel brake line from Autozone.

I compared the dealer-US and import (India)-Tractor Supply side by side. The threads on the import are shallow and the metal is incredibly soft. The US unit allows you to start the thread with hand pressure enough to prevent strip out. Well worth your time and extra 10 bucks to get a US made.

Hats off to Tractor Supply for great customer service. They refunded my money for both replacements with no hassle.
Thanks for your input and suggestions.
Regards,
442Man

1 - 7 of 7 Posts