My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
12,710 Posts
I'm going in the fall, my wife and I that is. MIL is going to take the kids for the day so we can take off. I've heard good things about that show!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Been there many times I would plan on taking it slow so much to see, have a great time.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,222 Posts
Been there once with the family. Great trip. I really liked the boat building shop. But the best for me was the ship's chandler. Basically a ship's hardware store. Also right off grounds was a small village of retail shops. The day we were there they were having a clam chowder contest. Each shop had it's own chowder to sample. Talk about heaven! Have a great time Paul, looking forward to the report.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,222 Posts
And I think I've got "projects". That is a beautiful boat, thanks for the pics Paul.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Thanks for the picture. The first time I saw the Morgan was back in the fifties. The thing that has stuck with me was the fact that the ship was sitting in mud. They had,I think, bags of salt sitting against the planking of the hull. Did it look like they had replaced the bottom from sitting all those years?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Nice little pond for the radio controlled boats. I'll have to contact them to see if they want my father's he built.

·
Super Moderator
32,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice pictures ING. That little sail boat is a beauty!
Ya, its eaven nicer in person. Looks like she must have been a sweet sailer out on the water. More art then some picture on a wall IMHO!!

I had some pic's of some cool engines, and outboards from the show, but cant find them... I used my sisters camera, so I must have left them on it. :fing20:

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
This is a picture of my boat. I get lots of looks where ever I go.

Attachments

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,222 Posts
This is a picture of my boat. I get lots of looks where ever I go.

That's a hoot. Why don't you start another thread with some more pics and some background. I'd really like to check that out!

·
20,000 +posts!
20,959 Posts
Gee,my '81 G-10 Chevy van looks almost identical to that one they made into a boat!--same color even!...I had visions of sawsalling mine up and making it into a slide in camper ,a guy locally had an old Econoline he did that too,used to haul it around in a Ford crew cab 70's pickup --I think it would be a bit on the "too heavy" side tho!..thought about making it into a trailer too,but my older brother already has a 1980 one made into a enclosed trailer I could get for cheap!..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts