My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what these are? Guy had them on a JD214 but they are not JD weights. I see HESS stamped on the bigger inner ones. The outers almost look like IH weights.

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
Interesting relief cuts on the outer face by the center hole. I wonder why. Decoration or purpose? I can tell you that they are not for Bolens tubeframes or Large Frames.

This might be a process of what they are not for, rather than what they are for.

Doug

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
I have a couple of sets of the thin weights, Simplicity I think (not positve). About 23#/ea. Cheaper than JD hub caps, I covered the center hole with 1/4" plastic disc. ~~ grnspot110

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks nice grnspot110. Is that center cover something you made or bought?

·
JD RULES
1,026 Posts
No idea, but if the weight fits, wear it!
:ditto: , :ROF ... They do look cool , a coat of paint and they'll be fine ...

Later,x595

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Looks nice grnspot110. Is that center cover something you made or bought?
Thanks!

Just a piece of 1/4" sheet plastic, slightly scuffed, then painted. ~~ grnspot110

·
Registered
821 Posts
Looks like a front wheel weight.

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
No , not fronts, they are rears . casting # 107A, fit any 12 inch wheel, including original CC.
They look smaller in the pic. with the wierd lighting color.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Oh, I thought they were for a regular size tractor. Sorry. PJ

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A quick rattle can paint job and they are installed.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,256 Posts
Here is a IH weight, at least one version. They are not green ,its the lighting. I actually bead blasted them earlier today. bare metal
I got me a set of them, inboard on my Sears GT18

·
Registered
44 Posts
Those IH/Cub Cadet weights also work as front weights for a Farmall Cub. Take a look over on Ebay what they sell for - $100+ a set and they fit inside of USPS flat rate boxes. I had dozens of them sitting around then discovered this new outlet - with my new found fortune I was able to go out and buy the correct JD cast 12" rears.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The outer weights are definitely Allis Chalmers or Simplicity weights. It looks as though someone stuck two different brands together to make them heavier. I don't have any idea who made the inside weights, but if they work go with it.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I believe they are the top pipe cover retainers for fill underground tanks for gasoline stations. thus HESS embossed on the casting.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts