My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My x590 would like a 1025r to join the herd.

I may be crazy for thinking this route for my 2.5 acres. I would be looking at the 60” drive over deck and front loader. In speaking with Deere he has me quoted for about $24,145.xx. 0% for 60 months. Price goes to $24,507 for 72 months and $24,869 for 84 months. Lot of coin for a smallish machine, but it would be nice to have one for the multitask role.. 75 % mowing, 25% other.

Sounds like Deere is raising the prices again on the 2023 models.

Ahh decisions decisions..

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And I should’ve posted this in the SCUT section.

·
Super Moderator
18,922 Posts
Don't Bother Getting the Mid Mount deck Use the X590 for Mowing as It is better suited for Mowing then a 1025R or above I have Both and X748 and a 2025R Had a 1025R Before the 2025R should never Have gotten a deck for the 2025R and Learned My lesson with the 1025R But They supposedly sell higher for Trade in if they Have a deck with them. But I don't recommend a Mowing deck for the 1025R if Your Keeping your X590 (y)

Reactions: Vigo

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Prices are definitely going up again on the 2022 to 2023 models. Easily 10% it seems.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
12,703 Posts
I like your idea of adding the 1025r to the stable. If I had 2.5 acres, I wouldn’t consider it overkill.

Both @Sergeant and @PA318Guy make valid points about the mower deck. Tough call. However, if in the back of your mind you are thinking you could eventually sell-off the X590, then it would be smart to have the deck for the 1025r.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
However, if in the back of your mind you are thinking you could eventually sell-off the X590, then it would be smart to have the deck for the 1025r.
I think this is a VERY valid point, and something worth considering.

Also, when I bought my SCUT, to offset the cost, I sold my GT5000. In hindsight, I wish I would have kept the GT. It could have handled mowing tasks just fine, and I wouldn't have to keep putting the MMM on and taking it off of the SCUT, which I've learned to despise doing.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Appreciate the responses fellas.

I am keeping the 590. She is a good cutter and a strong little tractor and with only 35 hours shes not even broken in.

I ended up going with the 2023 model with the FEL and MMM. I know she is a swiss army knife and I kinda know what to expect with that :)

Delivery is Tuesday.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
12,703 Posts
Appreciate the responses fellas.

I am keeping the 590. She is a good cutter and a strong little tractor and with only 35 hours shes not even broken in.

I ended up going with the 2023 model with the FEL and MMM. I know she is a swiss army knife and I kinda know what to expect with that :)

Delivery is Tuesday.
Congrats! Very exciting.

Are there any changes to the model year 2023? Did they honor the 2022 price?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats! Very exciting.

Are there any changes to the model year 2023? Did they honor the 2022 price?
2023 -
  • Factory optional single point quick disconnect.
  • LED headlights available.
  • Parking brake lever.
  • Additional breakouts for switches for add-ons. Although some 2022's might have this
They have several 22's left and had just gotten in 2 - 2023 models, so new they hadn't even had them built into the pricing system just yet so they said. I was able to get them just under a grand compared to the 2022. However, initial quoting was dang more like $3200.

Reactions: UrbanTractor

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have never been a huge fan of the prior parking brake design, so hopefully the new one will be a bit better.

LED headlight look killer. The single point quick disconnect design looks nice and should be even easier to take on and off. It might be a pain for older attachments though.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is what I have so far pretty fresh on the lot.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
45,804 Posts
I have never been a huge fan of the prior parking brake design, so hopefully the new one will be a bit better.

LED headlight look killer. The single point quick disconnect design looks nice and should be even easier to take on and off. It might be a pain for older attachments though.
Well congrats on picking your 1025R! I'm sure you'll get a lot of use on many different projects with it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In the 3rd picture you can see the orange handle down near the floorboard - that is the parking brake.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well congrats on picking your 1025R! I'm sure you'll get a lot of use on many different projects with it.
You know what they say, once you have something you find all kinds of uses for it! If not, I will park it in the living room!!! :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just below the steering wheel on the column. A small orange plastic tab you lifted. Kind of like the smaller mowers, but it just felt kinda cheap ish. The engagement wasn’t very impressive to many.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts