My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Does the up and down chute control seem to work well for you?

If it is a good design, JD should offer it as an add on for the larger units like my 59" blower. It would require a longer cable. Or possibly it could use a hydraulic cylinder.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

If it is a good design, JD should offer it as an add on for the larger units like my 59" blower. It would require a longer cable. Or possibly it could use a hydraulic cylinder.
It works very well.
I wouldnt stand having to get off the seat each time I want to adjust the angle of the chute, especially at the price those snowblower are selling.

Can't wait for a big load of snow to fall !! :crybaby:

Syd

·
Administrator
11,804 Posts
Great video Syd!

I did not know they had covers available to keep the snow out of the air vents.

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts

Keweenaw,

I've seen this arrangement on a 2210/47 combo, so I'm sure Deere has this option for the 59 -- if not, I don't see any reason you could easily modify the setup.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Syd,
Great looking rig you got there! I'm jealous of your snow! You need to send some my way. Forecasted for a couple inches of wintry mix tomorrow afternoon, maybe I'll get some seat time in.

·
Registered
274 Posts
The 42" Single Stage my GX335 uses has that same set-up and it does work pretty well for me too. I love my blower-it kicks some serious [email protected]$!

·
Registered
104 Posts
:wwp:
Yes, it is included with it.
please look at the picture below; you can see the chute left/right direction control (gold color) and the up/down control (silver color). To use the first one, you do circles with the lever. For the up/down control, you turn the lever 1/4 turn counterclockwise to unlock it, then you push or pull it to move the chute. Finally you turn it back 1/4 clockwise to lock it.

:ROF

Thanks all for your comments about the video. As soon as we get a real load of snow I'll make some more.
Also thanks for making it sticky ! :)

Syd
I was curious how the lifting mechanism for your blower works and what does it look like?? I have a John Deere La 145 22 hp and was curious about blower lift issues

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
:wwp:

I was curious how the lifting mechanism for your blower works and what does it look like?? I have a John Deere La 145 22 hp and was curious about blower lift issues
There is a lift spring assist that needs to be purchased with the blower, at least fort the X series. I don't know about LA series.

Lifting the blower is made by using the left foot lever, the same one we use for the deck. The spring allows us to provide quite little effort to lift the blower. It can be adjusted by the front of the tractor. Spring adjustement is different weather you're using the blower or the deck in summer time.

On the picture shown in my previous post you can see the gold horizontal rod just on top of the left front tire, used to lift the blower. This rod is connected to the mechanism controled by the left foot lever.

The blower height can be adjusted the same way as the deck, by the rotary button located between the feet of the operator. So if one wants a couple inches to prevent damage to the ground when blowing the first times, you can adjust the height.

Any other questions, let me know!

Syd

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hi

Nice video. It's clear in the video that the blower setup has been designed to be easy to use. This, in my experience, is one of the benefits of buying a JD. They are tops at making attachments that are easy to use and integrate well together. My first JD was an LT160 with a front blade. It used the same type foot pedal lift/ spring assist system that they use on your X300. I always found it easy to use. I remember one of my neighbors roaring up to me on his ATV while I was plowing and asking me how I was lifting the blade. He had to take one hand off the bars and use a lever to lift his and he was impressed with the foot pedal lift. Enjoy your machine.

Regards
Brian

·
Registered
40 Posts
Considering we are about to pick up a JD for mainly snowblowing, this was a great video, thanks much.

Is the blower a single stage?
All features from JD?

Also did you give any thought to any other of the 300 series, we've been leaning towards the 320 because of heavier tranny and a few more horsepower.

Once again, thanks.

Al

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Considering we are about to pick up a JD for mainly snowblowing, this was a great video, thanks much.

Is the blower a single stage?
All features from JD?

Also did you give any thought to any other of the 300 series, we've been leaning towards the 320 because of heavier tranny and a few more horsepower.

Once again, thanks.

Al
Hello Al,
this is the 2-stage OEM 44" blower.

I've been using the tractor for 2 summers and I am on its second winter.
Total area to blow here is about 5000sqft and it does the job well. Sure it takes longer than a 100hp tractor though ;)

I didnt choose the x320 for money reasons.

The tranny still go strong but seems a bit noisy to me. I use the tractor to move full 4x8 trailers of non dry maple logs (16") often.

Make sure you use synth oil by 50hrs for smooth starts during winter time, install chains and enough weights and you should love your blowing monster !!

Syd

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, you definitely have more snow than we get..:)

Did the tranny start to get noisier or was it like that all the time?

The tranny is the thing I worry about the most, seems the 22 hp the 320 has might not be needed, as the 17hp (I think) the 300 has seems to do the job quite well, your video shows that, but we'll go with the 320 for the heavier tranny if needed.
Plus as a old drag racer, more HP is always nice...:greendr:

Thanks for the video and response.

Al

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was wondering how far the snow is thrown; I'm looking at a new X324 or used X534 with a blower to replace my stiga mower and walkbehind blower just to get more throwing distance. Lane is over 23 feet wide , would like to throw it 40 feet most days(with the wind). The wet sticky stuff I could settle for 15 feet. I'd appreciate your opinion if these distances are obtainable with the set-up I'm considering, thanks. Also is the blower up to the task of cutting back the road side drifts ( going very slowly of course) , I worry about the poly blower fan and hood, and the belt drive.
Wally

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I was wondering how far the snow is thrown; I'm looking at a new X324 or used X534 with a blower to replace my stiga mower and walkbehind blower just to get more throwing distance. Lane is over 23 feet wide , would like to throw it 40 feet most days(with the wind). The wet sticky stuff I could settle for 15 feet. I'd appreciate your opinion if these distances are obtainable with the set-up I'm considering, thanks. Also is the blower up to the task of cutting back the road side drifts ( going very slowly of course) , I worry about the poly blower fan and hood, and the belt drive.
Wally
Hi Wally,
First, welcome here!

I'd say you could expect snow to be thrown about 25-30' without wind, maybe a bit more. With wet/heavy snow I think you cut that lenght in two.

With a lane of 23 feet, lets say you'd need to make 8 pass of 3 feet each, you probably wont mind if a bit of snow from the first pass is thrown on the last 3 feet of the lane.. the tractor will eat it when you get to it.

I havent had any issue regarding the poly blower fan. You wrote about hood, are you talking about the tractor's hood or the poly chute ? No issue with any of those. However, when there is 4 or 5 feet of snow, the black side "knifes" arent enough high to cut the snow and the chute prevents the blower to go further IN the snow. So in the couple of times it happened last winter (see pic above) the snow was very packed and wouldnt fall by itself so I had to use a shovel then blow it.

I dont see issue neither with road side drifts but since it is packed snow you'll have to fo more slowly.

Syd

21 - 40 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.