My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Syd,

Nice video capture! Thanks for sharing it. Looks like that X300 handles snow thank you very much quite nicely. :thThumbsU

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts
I am truly impressed! Your set up does GREAT at blowing snow, and your technique is perfect, keeping the blower pretty full so it works good.

·
4,221 Posts
Hey that was great. The x300 did a good job in the deep snow. The only question I have is how did you get the wife to stand so still? :sidelaugh

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Great video! I always wondered how well that series would do. Looks like you got it setup right using chains and rear weights for traction. slkpk

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Nice video - thanks.

Looks like you have up and down chute control on that. Does that come with that blower?

I guess I've watched too many youtube videos, because I kept expecting something really bad to happen like a big road plow come by and take the blower off or something.

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
Syd:

Very good video. My neighbor has an X300, I will tell him about this video. Thanks for sharing it with us. :fing32:

·
Registered
281 Posts
That's a great video. I've never physically seen a snow blower. It does look Irish coffee cold and thats a good thing :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Attention Mrs. Varmint!

Reasons for buying a snowblower:
1. It's cool.
2. We won't have to pay the landscaper.
3. It's cool.

Thank you, Syd, for providing evidence of points 1 and 3.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts
I made this a "sticky" thread so it will stay on top for a while because you are right in that we don't get to see these machines work in the real world too often.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice video - thanks.

Looks like you have up and down chute control on that. Does that come with that blower?
Yes, it is included with it.
please look at the picture below; you can see the chute left/right direction control (gold color) and the up/down control (silver color). To use the first one, you do circles with the lever. For the up/down control, you turn the lever 1/4 turn counterclockwise to unlock it, then you push or pull it to move the chute. Finally you turn it back 1/4 clockwise to lock it.

I guess I've watched too many youtube videos, because I kept expecting something really bad to happen like a big road plow come by and take the blower off or something.
:ROF

Thanks all for your comments about the video. As soon as we get a real load of snow I'll make some more.
Also thanks for making it sticky ! :)

Syd

·
Registered
165 Posts
That tractor does some nice work for you:thanku: for sharing.

How do you transfer the video from the camera to the computer?

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Nice vid, my wife would tell me to get bent if i asked her to stand outside to film me plowing snow.. nice work nice color too.. love that green

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That tractor does some nice work for you:thanku: for sharing.

How do you transfer the video from the camera to the computer?
The video has been taken with the same camera than my pics. I transfer it with a USB cable to the macbook pro :)

Nice vid, my wife would tell me to get bent if i asked her to stand outside to film me plowing snow.. nice work nice color too.. love that green
mine as well, but a tripod answers rarely ;)

Syd

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Hey it looks like you've done that before. I use my blade more than the thrower on my 345 here in Maryland. When I do need to put the thrower on I always turn myself into the abomiable (sp) snowman. Then I remember, ALWAYS TURN CHUTE DOWNWIND!!!!!!
Have a great day!
Dave

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Does the up and down chute control seem to work well for you?

If it is a good design, JD should offer it as an add on for the larger units like my 59" blower. It would require a longer cable. Or possibly it could use a hydraulic cylinder.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.