My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I finished building the hilling attachment for my cultivator & she was watching when I tried it for the first time. I had it hooked up to my Ingersol 4016PS because that tractor has the highest ground clearance of any of my garden tractors. The potaoes are high enough that I was pushing the plants over when I hilled them & as soon as I did the first row, my wife said, "you need a bigger tractor!" :eek:mg:
Then, later that night in front of witnesses, she repeated that statement & even "gave permission" to get one! :eek:

I've been contemplating planting a big field next year & thinking that I really should have some bigger equipment to do it. Now she says that.......time to start shopping! :bannana::bannana::bannana:

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Front office approval! :fing32: You're good to go!

Joel

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
If mine said that I would say "Who are you and what have you done with my Fiancée" ? :confused:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
It's got to be a trick. She must have her eye on something bigger than a new tractor. :Stop:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh no.......I hadn't thought about that! :swow:
Naw, I don't think that's it. We just got her a brand new car.
At least I hope not. :lalala::lalala::lalala:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Sweet, any thoughts as to what you will be looking for in a bigger tractor?

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
You now have 40,000 plus witnesses :fing32::fing32:

And this thread will live longer then all of us in the archives of MTF

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
You now have 40,000 plus witnesses :fing32::fing32:

And this thread will live longer then all of us in the archives of MTF
Hear hear! Make sure you balance out your purchase. Leave room for implements!

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
I would look for a Farmall Cub myself, it sounds like it's a good choice for what you want to use it for. Although, for the same cost, you could pick up an M and really have fun!

·
Super Moderator
35,723 Posts
Protrucker, congrats on getting the WAR DEPARTMENT to approve a major system improvement! What are you considering for the PHM (Potato Hilling Machine)?

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Be careful! She might just want a big shiny lump of carbon in exchange for your purchase!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Protrucker, congrats on getting the WAR DEPARTMENT to approve a major system improvement! What are you considering for the PHM (Potato Hilling Machine)?
I really haven't got anything in particular in mind yet. It definately won't be anything new. Funds are too limited to do that. I have been giving some thought to the idea of maybe seeing if I can make a trade for my Case 580, but I'm really not done with that machine yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts