My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just going to share some pictures that I took on my weekend get-away. These were taken at Sugar Ski Resort in North Carolina and I hope you enjoy. And again I apologize for neglecting MTF for the past month.

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
SUgar Mountain is awesome :bannana: ! I used to live with the head caretakers daughter when I lived there :00000060: . Did you go to Banner Elk :fing32: ? Italian restaurant and bar in the back :trink39: ...the name escapes me :bonk: ...

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
You saw Grandfathers Mountain right? The mile high bridge?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Splicer said:
SUgar Mountain is awesome :bannana: ! I used to live with the head caretakers daughter when I lived there :00000060: . Did you go to Banner Elk :fing32: ? Italian restaurant and bar in the back :trink39: ...the name escapes me :bonk: ...
We go up there quite often but this is the first time we stayed for the weekend. We have eaten at an Italian resturant in Banner Elk but i can not rememeber the name. The skiing preety much sucked this weekend becasue of the prices, snowing blowing, 75 mile per hour wind gust, and the condo was pretty nasty also. But managed to have a great get away and we went to Boone to eat at the world famous Daniel Boone Inn :bannana:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Splicer said:
You saw Grandfathers Mountain right? The mile high bridge?
We have gone up there a couple of times but just saw it from a distance this weekend. This was just a "refreshing" get a way.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Beautiful countryside, only time I see NC is in the summer at Topsail Island once in awhile, nice to see the hills, looks like a very nice resort too, thanks for sharing :fing32:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jim_WV said:
Beautiful countryside, only time I see NC is in the summer at Topsail Island once in awhile, nice to see the hills, looks like a very nice resort too, thanks for sharing :fing32:
It is a pretty nice resort but the ones in West Virgina are much better!! We are going to have our honeymoon at Snowshow.

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,755 Posts
beautiful mountain shots... And Skiing in North carolina? I'd have never guessed it!!!

good pics nick...

as for neglecting MTF for a month: You got a lot of catching up to do :fing32:

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Good choice on Snowshoe, looks like a nice ski resort , drove up and looked around there once some years back, the Mrs. and I don't ski, but we were passing by and wanted to take a look.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
simple_john said:
beautiful mountain shots... And Skiing in North carolina? I'd have never guessed it!!!

good pics nick...

as for neglecting MTF for a month: You got a lot of catching up to do :fing32:

Yes I will be posting more here soon but we are trying to get the pad poored for my building/house. Also if you did not think there is skiing in NC then it would defiantly blow your mind that we have a ski resort about 1 hour from me in east TN.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jim_WV said:
Good choice on Snowshoe, looks like a nice ski resort , drove up and looked around there once some years back, the Mrs. and I don't ski, but we were passing by and wanted to take a look.
I have skied Winterplace in WV but never Snowshoe. But after extensive research it proves to be the best ski slope honey moon resort. :fing32:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts